Reducing Risk from Wildfire
Tue, Mar 26, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Shasta County Board of Supervisors Chambers 1450 Court Street, Redding
On March 26, 2019, a special meeting— Reducing Risk from Wildfire, sponsored by Shasta County, CalFire, UC Cooperative Extension, and Shasta County Natural Resource Conservation Service will be presented at the Shasta County Board of Supervisors Chambers. The main objective for the evening is to cover defensible space achievement, insurance cover considerations, fire-resistant landscaping options and how to understand future risks to home and standing constructions.
- Thinking about insurance in fire-prone California—speaker Kari Haley of Haley Insurance Marketing from Palo Cedro.
- Maintaining defensible space matters—a CalFire representative speaking
- Examples of costs to remove/reduce vegetation—speaker Kelli England of Western Shasta RCD
- Giving your residence a better chance of surviving wildfire—speaker Rick Satomi a forester from Shasta/Trinity/Siskiyou UCCE
- Landscaping considerations—speaker Leimone Waite a horticulture instructor at Shasta College
Other organizations participants attending are — USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service; Shasta County Department of Public Works, Shasta County Resources Management Department; and the City of Redding.