CAL FIRE Law Enforcement Officers arrested Jessica Fore, 34, of Redding,
who was booked into the Shasta County Jail on suspicion of arson as well as two
outstanding felony warrants.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m. Monday afternoon, firefighters responded to reports of a
vegetation fire near Olinda Road and Erma Lane in Happy Valley. Upon arrival units
contacted an adult female walking away from the fire. The fire burned a large spot of
vegetation and was extinguished by a passerby prior to the firefighter’s arrival.
Fortunately, this prevented the rapid spread of the fire, which is a serious concern, in
these hot, dry and windy conditions.
Any questions related to this case should be directed to the Shasta County District
CAL FIRE continues to urge the public to be vigilant outdoors and report any suspicious
activity. The public can provide valuable assistance by following these steps:
• Do not approach the individual or individuals engaging in the suspicious behavior
• Report the behavior to law enforcement
• If safe to do so, note the description of the individual including:
o Clothing description
o Hair color
o Any distinguishing characteristics such as tattoos
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
• One of the most important pieces of information for investigators can be the time
the behavior is observed so be sure to make note.
• If a vehicle is involved in the suspicious activity, the following information can be helpful to investigators:
o Make and model of vehicle
o Color of vehicle
o Location and direction of travel
o License plate number – even a partial number can be useful
o Bumper stickers or other markings
o Number of occupants, including their description(s)
For more information on how to be prepared for wildland fires visit