United Way Of Northern California 2018-19 Request For Proposals (Rfp) Community Impact Grants
United Way of Northern California (UWNC) is pleased to announce the release of its Request for Proposals (RFP) for the 2018-19 Campaign Year. UWNC is committed to investing in local programs that produce measurable results that align with our strategic priorities. For more information on UWNC’s mission and strategic priorities, please visit: http://www.norcalunitedway.org/about-us.
United Way seeks to fund local programs that benefit communities in the nine-county region we serve. Grants of $2,500 – $10,000 will be awarded through a competitive process. There are two Focus Areas:
- Strategic Priorities: Work in areas aligned with current United Way priorities, including financial stability for families, workforce readiness and youth services and engagement.
- Basic Needs: Support for individuals and families needing emergency food; shelter; rent and utility assistance; or services in the areas of mental health, substance abuse or domestic violence.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
Any 501(c) (3) non-profit agency located within our nine (9) county service area. The counties we serve are: Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity.
- WHEN IS THE APPLICATION PERIOD?
Applications will be accepted beginning Thursday, March 1, 2018 through Friday, March 30, 2018. Applications must be received by 5 PM on March 30 to be considered.
- HOW DO I APPLY?
All applications must be submitted online. The link will be available beginning March 1 at www.norcalunitedway.org.
PROCESS FOR FY 2018-19:
- Grants are approved by the United Way Board of Directors, based on recommendations from its Community Impact Committee, which is comprised of volunteers from the local community.
- Organizations must provide proof of current 501(c) (3) status, a copy of the most recent tax return (Form 990), and a program/project budget for the 2019 program
- Programs must align with one of the Focus Areas specified in this
- Funding can be requested for programs that operate in one or more counties in UWNC’s service area.
- Organizations may apply for funds to start a new program, or for the expansion of an existing
- Grant funding can be used for operational, administrative, staffing and supply expenses required to support the
- Community Impact Grants cannot be used for capital expenditures such as building, plans, construction or renovation.
- Organizations that are awarded grants will be required to submit bi-annual
- Agencies that received funding in 2017-18 must have submitted all required reports to be considered for 2018-19 funding.
|February 1, 2018 (Thursday)||Request for Proposals announced|
|March 1, 2018 (Thursday)||Online grant application process opens|
|March 30, 2018 (Friday)||Deadline for submitting applications|
|April – May 2018||Applications reviewed by United Way staff and Community Impact Committee|
|June 2018||Grants approved by Board of Directors; notifications made shortly thereafter|
|July 2018||Celebration/training event for awardees|
|January 2019||Grant disbursements begin|
GRANT REVIEW PROCESS:
The Community Impact Committee is composed of volunteer local citizens. They will take into account the unique assets and needs in each local area and evaluate all applications utilizing the following key criteria:
- Impact on community needs
- Financial and program accountability
- Collaboration with other organizations, including United Way
Questions regarding this RFP should be sent to Larry Olmstead, President & CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 241-7521.
We look forward to partnering with you and demonstrating what it means to LIVE UNITED!