These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A call was received from the 11800 block of Oak Run Rd in Millville called to report utility trailer (PA power trailer 430 lbs capacity, with small tire on right) stolen and sheds burglarized by unknown subjects, property is under construction. No one currently living in home. Loss approximately $5000.
- A resident in the 9100 block of Grand Manor Drive in Palo Cedro called to report suspici ous vehicle—older white pickup with two occupants in field area near river in new subdivision. Ongoing with subjects going out there and smoking, fishing from river.
- No reports
- A neighbor from a vacant house in the 30100 block of Oak Run to Fern Rd in Whitmore called to state an ongoing issue when male breaking into the property. Caller is neighbor and states male was at location again the previous day and possibly living at location now.
- A call was received to report a male, 6’ tall, goatee and shirt and red shorts using binoculars that appears to be checking out houses in the Shiloh Drive and McCumber Lake Rd area. Caller contacted subject and he stated he was watching wild life. Caller said he had multiple complaints about subject from neighbors.
- A call was received from a post office in the 22500 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista to report a pot belly pig loose in the parking lot.
- A resident in the 6900 block of Woodpecker Drive in Shingletown called to report male—wearing a plaid shirt, black pants on bike, carrying a flashlight looking into vehicles in the neighborhood. Caller found him looking in hers and yelled at him. Left just prior to calling. Last seen going towards Mobile Park Drive.
- A resident in the 20800 block of Hwy 299 E in Bella Vista called to state he has been out of town, just returned to property, states someone has jumped the fence, and cut the control exposing all the wires and stole the actual control for the gate.
- A call from CalFire requesting assistances in the 14700 block of Oak Run Rd in Oak Run for possible evacuation due to vegetation fire. No need for road closes.
- A resident in the 9700 block of Old Oregon Trail called to report his house was broken into between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. that day.
- A call was received from the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report male stolen a pair of shoes. Left on foot last seen going towards Interstate 5.
- A bypasser called to report finding a wallet containing credit card, drivers license etc. along the road in from the 11700 block of Old Oregon Trail on his way home. Caller was trying to find a deputy but was unable to do so. Caller left wallet at the Pizza Factory with an employee for officer to pick up.
- A bypasser called from the Hwy 299 E and Big Bend Rd area of Montgomery Creek to report he is with a subject that is stating friends of his left him on the side of the road, came back and hit him. Left again but said they will be back to hit him again. Caller will be standing with subject in the brake check area on road.
- A property owner in the 22000 block of Palo Way in Palo Cedro called to report sink missing from the location….ongoing problems with burglaries.
- CHP called to report reckless driver in the 30400 block of Frontier Rd in Oak Run. Driver in a gold Chevy water tank in back speeding up and down private roads in the area.
- A call was received at 2:25 A.M. from the 8500 block of Battle Creek Drive in Shingletown called to report husband was rafting at Cache Creek, dropped his phone in the water however called wife on a stranger’s phone to state he was headed back to in-law’s home in Shingletown and should have been there before midnight. He has not made it there yet. Subject will be driving a dark gray Spinter van.
- A resident in the 28400 block of Oak Run to Fern Rd in Oak Run called to report subject vandalized her phone during a child custody exchange.
- A resident in the 30100 block of Thomas Rd in Oak Run called to report loud fight between a male and female happening somewhere to the south of caller’s house. Ongoing issue.
- An occupant in the 21300 block of Boyle Rd in Palo Cedro called at 11:11 p.m. to report hearing noises outside her house. Dogs are barking, and motion light has come on in the front of the house.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Jones Valley Marina Drive in Jones Valley to report handgun stolen from unlocked vehicle.
- A resident in the 31000 block of Neebs Rd in Montgomery Creek called to report house broken into, window broken on front door, kicked in garage man door, broke window on shop. Unknown items taken. Occurred sometime between Friday at 6:00 p.m. and now.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to report female hit gat at end of caller’s residence causing damage. Unknown if intentional or accidental. Female is caller’s neighbor and has easement rights to use driveway. However, gate is owned by caller.
- A resident in the 14700 block of Marin Drive in Jones Valley called at 1:26 a.m. to report he was using a phone from a passerby cell phone. States he had some unknown subjects in his house that stole his cell phone and wallet, then left in a vehicle. Caller got on his motorcycle and chased the subjects. Caller has now crashed his motorcycle on Hwy 299 E just east of Old Oregon Trail.
- A property manager in the 7500 block of Creekside Mobile Circle in Shingletown called at 2:37 a.m. to report hearing subjects possibly prowling in the area behind the manager’s trailer. Subjects currently in the field/meadow area behind the property.
- A resident in the 21100 block of Keith Ct in Bella Vista called 911 to state 17-year-old son is out of control. Currently kicking car, broke window on the car. Caller has requested that he leave the property. Suspect wearing black/gray shirt, black pants.
- A resident in the 14800 block of Lamoine Drive in Jones Valley called 911 to state multiple subjects inside her house that will not leave. Stayed with caller for a couple nights and now refusing to leave when requested. Female states she was shoved down hallway the previous day. Two subjects in back room, one female subject in living room. Caller states subjects stealing items from her residence.
- A resident in the 24900 block of Hwy 44 in Millville called to report damage to his gate. Ongoing neighbor issues.
- A property owner in the Hwy 299 E and Oak Run Rd in Round Mountain called to report travel trailer on property broken into. Caller lives out of area.
- A grandson call from his grandmother’s behalf in the 8100 block of Starlite Pines Rd in Shingletown to report she was defrauded by grandmother’s daughter.
- A resident in the 10800 block of Beaver Rd in Millville called to report she was bitten by one of two McNab type dogs—one black and white the other all black during a walk down the road with her daughters. Not sure which dog bit her.
- A call was received from the 22100 block of Meadow Vista Way in Jones Valley to report female was acting irrational, throwing items and causing a verbal fight with roommates, while caller was there for a home visit. Caller left house.
- A resident in the 13600 block of Hilford Lane in Jones Valley called to report subjects knocking on front door, taking pictures around caller’s yard. Arrive in green Ford Bronco and Gold Saturn.
- A male called from a business in the 22000 block of Old Hwy 44 Drive in Palo Cedro to report his unlocked vehicle was broken into and a briefcase stolen.