These Sheriff Reports are daily abbreviated records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A citizen called from a post office in the 22500 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista to report overnight unknown subject dropped off eight kittens in a box without food or water. Caller took them right inside customer lobby for pickup.
- A call was received from the 7400 block of Woodburrow Rd in Shingletown to report he is in a fight with his mother over shared property in the residence.
- A call was received to report a 1963 VW bus with camper stolen and a report house trailers broken into in the Cristy Creek Lan and Wilson Hill Road area.
- A mother living in the 24200 block of Old 44 Drive in Millville called to report her son is causing a fight and vandalizing the house. Caller is outside suspect took the landline phone from her when she tried to call.
- A resident in the 8700 block of Silver Bridge Rd in Palo Cedro called to report several fraudulent transactions on caller’s bank account. Cards were not stolen.
- A resident in the 9400 block of Arroyo Vista Drive in Millville called to report son in law may be heading towards the caller’s house from the LA area because he is angry over caller’s daughter leaving him.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Jones Valley Marina Drive in Jones Valley to report 5th wheel hitch worth $600, taken off vehicle while they were camping that week. Occurred sometime between June 27 and 30.
- A call was received to report ongoing problem with UPS driver speeding down caller’s road in the Glendenning Way and Fern Rd E in Whitmore area.
- A call was received from the 10100 block of Harley Leighton Rd to report a subject smashed caller’s window, hit call and then brandish a shotgun. Caller has left location. Caller was at location to attempt to find his fiancé who is the suspect’s baby’s father.
- A call was received to report neighbor is throwing rocks at caller’s dogs after a fight near Alaska Drive and Swede Creek Road area of Palo Cedro. Caller states ongoing issue with neighbor causing a fight.
- A concerned wife called to seek advice on husband who continuously uses drugs, drinking, and driving under the influence in the Shingletown area. Caller already reported to CHP.
- A call was received from the ER to report a female was in for treatment. State she was hit somewhere in the Palo Cedro area earlier that day.
- A resident in the 30300 block of Shingletown Ridge Rd in Shingletown called to report adopting two dogs from a rescue center, original owner of dogs stolen the dogs back.
- A store employee in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report female was just in store causing a fight. Throwing property around the store near cash registers. When caller told female that was dressed in a turquoise shirt and black pants, she was calling 911, female left in green Lexis.
- A resident in the 7400 block of Tahoe Lane in Shingletown called to report husband who does not reside at location is high on Meth and causing a fight, making odd states, keeps jumping fences on property and was trying to get into the hot tub. While on landline subject left on motorcycle. Caller fears he will return shortly or may be in route to his house in Manton. Asa Mart was arrested for public intoxication.
- A resident in the 9600 block of Swede Creek Rd in Palo Cedro called to state vehicle on caller’s property, accessed of Alaska Drive. States Chevy Blazer appears damaged on inside. Ongoing problem with party house on Alaska Drive and different vehicle parking in the area.
- A resident in the 22400 block of Boyle Lane in Palo Cedro called to report two males came to caller’s residence. Caller watching, one subject knocked on door, another subject was looking around backyard. Last seen with subjects on foot south bound Swede Creek. Both males in 20’s on black shirt and other with white shirt and backpack.
- A resident in the 28500 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore called to report ongoing problem with neighbor. Caller states male subject came onto property during the night, cut power to house and security cameras. Male then destroyed gate to property. Estimated value $12,000. Caller state has surveillance of suspect prior to damage to system and gate.
- CHP calls for outside agency assistance with 40-year-old female, purple shirt, stacking rocks in the roadway intersection of Big Bend Rd and Hwy 299 E Montgomery Creek and not letting vehicles pass waving arms in the road.
- A resident in the 22100 block of Los Robles Drive in Palo Cedro called to report suspect was at the house making death threats. Suspect gone out of area now.
- A citizen called to report a black Ford 4×4, no rear plate, possibly occupied by three, tailgating, and driving aggressively. Last seen turning onto Labrador Lane near Robledo Rd in Palo Cedro.The caller said suspects involved in drug activities due to the knowledge of the area.
- A resident in the 6700 block of Golden Lane in Palo Cedro called to report unknown subject posing as family on social media and trying to get personal information.
- A call was received from the 11400 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista to report a male rummaging through trashcans. Caller believes gathering recycling.
- A call was received from the 35400 block of Deer Flat Rd in Shingletown to report numerous thefts from vehicle at the campground.
- A resident in the 6700 block of Wilson Hill Rd in Shingletown called to report arriving home and house appears to have been burglarized. Unknown exactly what was taken.
- A resident in the 10700 block of French Creek Rd in Palo Cedro called to report possibly identity theft in regard to social security benefits.
- A call was received from the 5400 block of Deschutes Rd to report UPS delivery package of ammunition taken from door step last Thursday.
- A call was received to report unlocked vehicle broken into overnight in the Lake McCumber Rd and Hwy 44 in Shingletown and several tools and miscellaneous items taken. Caller will call back when available for actual report
- A resident in the 7600 block of Eastwood Way in Shingletown called at 2:30 a.m. to report hearing female screaming in the forest.
- A call was received from out of the area that they received information that ex was flying a helicopter on July 2 in the Bella Vista area and crashed it into a pond with children on board. Juveniles received injuries and were treated and released from hospital. Family is trying to cover up accident due to subject being under the influence while flying. Helicopter is still in pond and subject trying to make arrangements to recover it.