These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A resident in the 21000 block of Hackett Lane in Palo Cedro called to report house burglarized within last two hours. Believes cousins who have been staying in caller’s yard maybe responsible.
- A resident in the 20000 block of Banjo Lane in Palo Cedro called to state a male, who seems to be under the influence of drugs, is in their garage, where the door was left open. James Vance was arrested for obstruction and resisting arrest.
- CHP officer called for assistance of a dive team, due to a traffic collision into a water way in the Hwy 44 and Stillwater Rd area of Palo Cedro. At the time unknown if vehicle was occupied or not.
- A resident in the 22400 block of Golftime Drive in Palo Cedro called to report receiving a scam call from unknown subjects identifying as her grandson and his attorney stating he had been arrested. Attempted to get monies. None sent and no information provided by calling on behalf of her elderly mother.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Redbud Lane in Palo Cedro called to report receiving multiple phone calls from a “foreigner” looking for caller’s mother that has passed away 11 years ago.
- A resident in the 16400 block of Buzzard Roost Rd in Round Mountain called at 9:41 p.m. to report his caretaker took Toyota SUV grocery shopping several hours ago and is now not responding to caller’s texts or calls.
- A resident in the 17600 block of Patterson Ranch Rd in Round Mountain called report the theft of wood stove from outside of his house.
- A call was received from a female to report her friend is missing. Friend is a transient and was camping on a dirt road near Old Oregon Trail and Jackie Lane. Caller last spoke to her friend 48 hours ago. Caller did speak to the missing person’s husband recently who stated she was picked up by four males claiming to be with law enforcement.
- An employee in the 30500 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore called to state she has two aggressive females at the store in a loud fight. Call taker can hear in background. Caller states females were told to move a wrecked vehicle from property causing a fight.
- A call was received to report two males in a green old pickup truck with an older trailer dumping a load of garbage and wood near the intersection of Jones Valley Rd and Silverthorn Roads in Jones Valley.
- A resident in the 21000 block of Hackett Lane in Palo Cedro called to report a male with warrant is staying in a trailer on caller’s property. States there are two trailers on property and male is walking back and forth between them.
- A bypasser called at 7:30 a.m. to report a male slumped over the driver’s seat in a white minivan off of side of road in the Bear Mountain and Dry Creek Roads area of Jones Valley.
- A call was received to state a male hit roommate in the 10300 block of Lone Goose Lane in Palo Cedro. Caller also involved in assault. States knives are in the house. Unknown if male is currently in possession.
- A call was received to state someone is trying to steal his tractor from the corner residence in the Hwy 44 and Sites Road area of Shingletown. States a certain call taker has the information. Every time call taker attempted to ask questions caller would say I don’t know the other caller taker knows information. Upon further question, caller stated he would handled it himself and disconnected the line.
- A resident in the 28600 block of Alpine Way in Shingletown called to state his shed was burglarized sometime the previous night. Reports over $1000 worth of items taken: tools, freezer, more.
- A call was received to state her dog was taken approximately three weeks ago. Since then, one dog each week has gone missing from street in the Syndey Lane and College View Drive area. Caller states one of her neighbors stated she overheard the subjects at the house at the very far end of Syndey Lane talking about stealing dogs. Caller requests personal contact, states multiple neighbors are available for report.
- A call was received from the Montgomery Creek post office to report numerous postal boxes inside the lobby have been broken into. A call was received later to state she may have information who is responsible.
- An employee from a business in the 19900 block of College View Drive called to report someone tried to break into the storage area overnight where they keep propane tanks. Gate was broken but entry not made. Has surveillance.
- A resident in the 7700 block of Boulder Ridge Rd in Shingletown called to report lost .380 handgun. Caller was riding his quad in the area. Possibly lost then. Has been looking for the last two weeks.
- A call was received from the 28100 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown to report a male showed up to pick up daughter, fight occurred, and he punched her in the face. Medical declined. Caller left the location
- A call was received at 9:20 a.m. from the 14800 block of Fern Rd E in Whitmore to report a man with a ranch name on a blue GMC dumped a dead cow on caller’s property then fled in vehicle. Caller report following suspect and states he is driving under the influence.
- A resident in the 7500 block of Joda Rd in Shingletown called to report male neighbor is walking in front of his house with a rifle yelling at the caller.
- A resident in the 35200 block of Redwood Drive in Shingletown called at 12:20 a.m. to report his daughter and her husband are harassing caller by driving by the house screaming and yelling.
- A passerby called to report a possible burglary to a business in the 8500 block of Airport Rd. Window to business smashed and slid open. Caller states did not appear to be anyone at location.
- A resident in the 20000 block of Old Alturas Rd called to report gate was vandalized overnight.
- A call was received to report between Dec. 15, 2017 and last week, a known subject, using a tractor, was on caller’s property in the Aloha Rd and Elk Trail E in Jones Valley and damaged property easements making caller liable for the drainage damage. Caller has also contacted the county.
- A call was received to state her credit card and both her son’s credit cards were compromised at a business in the 9300 block of Skycrest Way in Palo Cedro. Thousands of dollars were charged to her card. Information has been report to the bank.
- A resident in the 7500 block of Joda Rd in Shingletown called to report male neighbor possibly placed glass in front of caller’s driveway.
- A call was received to report he believes dogs from Backbone and Seaman Gulch Roads in Bella Vista are responsible for killing livestock in the area. Caller has camera photos of dogs at his gate.
- A resident in the 14000 block of Oscar Place in Jones Valley called to report gate was latched but it appeared it was rammed by a vehicle. Caller has long driveway. Gate is on Creek Trail— approximately $300 in damage.
- A by passer called to report male subject walking east bound on Old 44 Drive with a black ski mask over his face. Subject is limping and walking slowly. Subject is wearing all black clothing, carrying a red tarp and a back pack.
- A call was received at 8:07 a.m. to state two subjects in a silver sports car went down street and took mail out of neighbor’s mailbox in the 22100 block of Old Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A call was received to report silver car with plate hanging off in rear driving north bound at Deschutes and Old Deschutes Roads in Palo Cedro female passenger getting out and pulling mail boxes in the area.
- A resident in the 30100 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore called to report attached garage was burglarized in the last few days. Numerous lumber and tools taken.
- A call was received from a storage unit in the 7300 block of Black Butte Rd in Shingletown to report hearing two subjects inside her storage unit. The door is shut and not vehicles seen in the area.
- A resident in the 22100 block of Old Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report the theft of fuel from vehicle sometime the previous night. No surveillance at house.
- A resident in the 22500 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista called to state his truck was broken into sometime that morning, possibly around 4:00 a.m.
- A resident in the 13800 block of Deep Woods Place in Jones Valley called to state someone hacked her computer, message displayed on her screen telling her to call a number. Caller dialed number and spoke with Indian male claiming to be with Microsoft requesting $600 to fix computer. Caller wrote a check and male had FedEx driver come to her house to pick up check. Caller has report information to bank.
- A resident in the 8800 block of Brookdale Road in Millville called to state hearing screams in the area. Unknown where they are coming from…west of the school.
- A call was received to report two through three pickups with juveniles revving engines and being loud at a school in the 9700 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A resident in the 10400 block of Old Oak Lane in Palo Cedro called to report deputy to respond to report female who was staying at house stole multiple items from caller. Caller found a possible stolen credit card, registration to a vehicle in the female’s room. Female may have also brought stolen vehicle to house.
- A resident in the 13500 block of Creek Trail in Jones Valley called to state suspect dumped items in caller’s yard and drove away. Caller is following suspect in a white GMC currently west on Oasis towards I-5.
- A business owner in the 30500 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore called to state ongoing issue with harassment by a tenant. Suspect rents apartment attached to business and in process of evicting suspect. Judge denied caller restraining order. Caller states suspect was yelling obscenities at her when she was working outside of the business.
- A resident in the 9000 block of Chaps Lane in Palo Cedro to report unfamiliar subjects came to caller’s house over the weekend selling fruit out of a vehicle with out of state plates. Caller fells subjects were casing the neighborhood.
- A resident in the 14000 block of Bear Mountain Rd in Jones Valley called to report locking mailbox was burglarized.