These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A resident in the 29100 block of Inwood Rd in Shingletown called at 10:40 a.m. to state she has been caring for horses that were left abandoned with her during the Carr Fire. Owners now demanding the horses back. Attempted to report them stolen to Tehama County SO. Stated they were going to arrive today at 1:00 p.m. to retrieve horses. Caller requesting standby due to subjects also refusing to pay for the horses boarding. The horses’ owner called at 1:40 p.m. to report he was late and passed deputies while they were leaving. Requests they respond back so he can retrieve his horses.
- A resident in the Mirror Valley Lane in Bella Vista called to state son hit him. Negative drugs or weapons. Last seen going towards Dry Creek on foot. Caller asking for personal contact, wishing to press charges.
- A resident in the 20600 block of Hwy 299 E called to report coming back from vacation to find detached garage burglarized.
- A call was received to report her sister’s black Great Dane bit caller’s two year old son in the 22400 block of Jones Valley Trail in Jones Valley that morning. Caller took son to MMC for treatment.
- A call was received to report a suspicious subject wearing flannel wandering streets in the area of Yuki Yama Lane and Stillwater Rd.
- A resident in the 13500 block of Valley Creek Lane in Jones Valley called Cal Fire to report she locked herself out of house and infant juvenile is sleeping inside of house.
- A call was received at 8:30 a.m. to reports male and female have been in fight. Male with long hair, baseball cap, gray sweatshirt and PJ bottoms, leaves area then come back, male seen pushing female down. Male left in vehicle west bound on Old 44 and female seen walking west bound on Old 44.
- A resident in the 31100 block of Woodridge Drive in Shingletown called stating over $1000 of jewelry taken from bathroom within the last two days. Believes was male that she hired to clean her house.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to report mother’s neighbor almost hit caller while she was leaving the shared driveway that iso n private property. History of fighting issues with subject in the past.
- A resident in the 20600 block of Misty Lane in Palo Cedro called to state that there appears to be drag marks all over property. Unable to locate any footprints or tire marks and no injured or deceased animals.
- A resident in the 14400 block of Argonaut Trail in Jones Valley states there was an electrical worker up on a power pole about a block away near where a vegetation fire was that morning and caller believes he was shocked. Unknown reason caller getting further now. Caller heard subject scream and caller is unable to see if subject is moving or not.
- A resident in the 7300 block of Squaw Springs Rd in Shingletown called to report ongoing issue with neighbor feeding her dog when she passes her house.
- A call was received to report receiving a package. Package shows caller’s name and North Str as return address and is addressed to a male with the address in the 28200 block of Pine Hollow Drive in Shingletown covered with a sticker. Box is full of marijuana. Caller believes he is possibly victim of identity theft.
- A call was received to report a female and unknown other subject in fight in a green type of vehicle in parking lot in the Cedro Lane and Old 44 Drive area of Palo Cedro. Female sounded like she was unable to get out of the vehicle.
- A resident in the 30200 block of Jackson Lane in Montgomery Creek called to report shop and garage broken into. Quad, jet ski and gun safe with approximately 30 firearms taken. Neighbor advised caller that he saw door to shed open two days ago. Driver of a Toyota Tundra Michael Leon Vandolah, that was later arrested in Round Mountain. Later that evening a call was received from a business in the 12000 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report jet ski and trailer parked at location.
- Caller is a passerby who states that there was a male that had a subject stopped alongside road that had broken into his residence in Montgomery Creek. Suspects left west bound in a white or silver Toyota with lumber in the back. Two white males in a Toyota. Caller not involved was a passerby who saw subjects alongside road. Caller stopped to check, and all left west bound 299.
- A call was received from the 28000 block of Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain of suspicious white Toyota Tundra, right front wheel has a black rim. Lumber sticking out. Michael Vandolah arrested at location.
- A resident in the 21000 block of Falling Leaf Rd in Bella Vista to report subject fraudulently using her credit card number to make large fuel purchase.
- A call was received to report his horses—bay gelding with star, strip, snip cornette feet were stolen from Tehama County and taken to the 29100 block of Inwood Rd in Shingletown. Caller in route to pick them up and request stand by. Caller left messages with both parties to call.
- A call was received from the 22400 block of Rawhide Lane in Palo Cedro to report ex-employee making vague threats towards minor involved in employment investigation.
- A call was received to report finding a vehicle in the area of Silverthorne Rd in Jones Valley at 3:00 a.m. in the morning. Suspect said they were in the area fishing. Caller told them it was a private community and he claimed he lived there. Then he changed story to living in Bella Vista after confrontation.
- A citizen called to report while driving neighborhood at 5:30 a.m. and saw vehicle at water tower in Jones Valley. Suspect was walking around behind gate for approximately 20 minutes. Claimed he worked for the water treatment for Silverthorne Jones Valley.
- A resident in the 19600 block of Woodhill Drive in Montgomery Creek called at 12:07 a.m. to report three subjects on his property with flashlights. Two of the subjects are now near a car parked off the side of the raod on Woodhill approximately 300 yards north west of business. Other subject shut off flashlight and possibly ran off caller’s property in unknown direction.
- A resident in the 19300 block of Cool Breeze Way called to report receiving a scam phone call stating they were from Marshal Office.
- By passers passed a male and female were in a fight in the Old Alturas Rd and Old Oregon Trail area. Male appeared to have weapon.
- A call was received from the 29500 block of Inwood Rd in Shingletown to report numerous items taken from secured area within the last week.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge of Bella Vista called to report ongoing issue of female peeling out of caller’s driveway. Female currently at her residence.
- A call was received from a business in the 12000 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista to report male with possible handgun pointing at customers. Male stated “I have a gun” and was waving around a dark object in his hand. Caller states unsure if firearm. Male then left sound bound on Deschutes in blue Dodge older model truck with faded paint.
- A call was received to report seeing neighbor’s lights are off in the 20400 block of Old Alturas Rd and now sees flashlights in his yard. Concerned subjects possibly trying to burglarize house. Caller states its unusual for lights to be off at house.
- A parent called at 8:45 p.m. to report receiving a text at 6:00 p.m. from her adult daughter that said she was on the way to Shingletown with her boyfriend in a white Nissan Sentra, who made her go and if she didn’t hear from her to call the cops. Caller has not been able to get a hold of her since.