These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A business employee in the 8900 block of Airport Rd in Palo Cedro called to report tool set stolen from Redding Fasteners on July 10.
- Two subjects took merchandise from a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro that set off the alarm when they exited the store. Subjects—woman long blond hair in 30’s, male 5’10”, 175 pounds, 30’s, left in red Chevy SUV Trail Blazer.
- A citizen called to state she saw some female clothing near Truetts Lake while she was walking in the Shingletown area.
- A caller refusing to identify, called to state male subjects associated with a Honda with fog lights on front bumper and silver Ford Taurus are parked at a Church near Old Alturas, have been taking items from a residence and putting them in the vehicles. Caller believes burglary in process.
- A call was received at 2:30 a.m. to state she was camping at the lake and her brother hit her. Caller hung up on call taker when asked which campground they were at. Victim left on call back.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Old Hwy 44 Drive in Palo Cedro to report of a lock being broken. Subject made entry to bathroom, nothing taken. This is the second occurrence.
- A call was received to report rear window and storage box on top of vehicle burglarized sometime during the night of July 4. Vehicle was left near intersection of Hwy 44 and Alward Rd in Shingletown after breaking down.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to report neighbors, who caller has a harassment TRO with, has their home security cameras facing the caller’s home.
- A call was received from the 22500 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista to report three windows broken out of house. No taken.
- A resident in the 10400 block of Surrey Lane in Palo Cedro called to state a male who caller is in the process of getting a TRO against has been continually calling, harassing caller and her husband and is getting more aggressive.
- A resident in the 5700 block of Deschutes Rd called at 12:40 a.m. to report a group of subjects with backpacks going in and out of neighbor’s residence across the street. Caller has attempted to contact neighbor who was home, but no answer.
- A call was received at 7:54 a.m. from the 7200 block of Orion Drive in Shingletown to report her mother’s boyfriend has been drinking and creating a fight with caller and her mother. Caller states they locked him in the barn the previous night and when he was creating a fight but he used the torch to get out and is now at the house creating another fight.
- A call was received from a school in the 9700 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report rear gate to the high school is open. Unknown if anyone on campus. Caller closed the gate and wrapped the chain around the fence.
- An employee at the Whitmore store received second information that a female is laying in the roadway in the South Cow Creek and Whitmore Roads in Whitmore. CHP enroute.
- A female called to report another female who is under the influence hit her in the face earlier that day in the Inwood Rd and Hwy 44 area of Shingletown.
- A resident in the Hubbard and Alamine Ways in Shingletown called to state house was broken into on Tuesday. Five guns, money, prescription drugs, numerous miscellaneous items stolen.
- A call was received from the 20800 block of Clairvaux Lane in Bella Vista to report juvenile left on foot at approximately 9:00 a.m. to state he was in route to Simpson University area to obtain marijuana. Call checked area.
- A resident in the 15600 block of Phillips Rd in Oak Run called to report bat flying around inside her house. Concerned rabies risk.
- A resident in the 7300 block of Dreamscape Lane in Shingletown to report her ex-boyfriend is at location causing a fight and damaging property. Apparently, this is over property dispute. Male wants the property back. Male heard yelling about giving back his stuff. Male got in the house by kicking in the side entry door.
- A call from CHP, that they received a call from a male from a payphone and to state his wife had just attacked him with a screw driver at the 23200 block of Elk Trail E in Jones Valley and had now fled the area on foot.
- A call was received to report ex-boyfriend stole caller’s keys last night while at a resident in the 7300 block of Dreamscape Lane in Shingletown.
- A resident in the 18400 block of Majestic View Drive called to report caller’s son brought a female to the house on Sunday. Caller has now discovered her purse is missing and female has written a check and used ATM card for $260.
- A call was received from a business in the 7000 block of Shingleglen Trail in Shingletown to a fight that occurred outside of store at 10:30 a.m. that morning. Subject is son of an employee who slapped a cup of coffee out of caller’s hand.
- A resident in the 21300 block of Old 44 Drive in Palo Cedro called to state a possum is locked in her bedroom. Had the door open and it wandered in. Search room unable to find. Left trap with instructions.
- A resident in the 13700 block of Schole Drive in Jones Valley called at 3:12 a.m. to report his ex-girlfriend and her cousin just broke into caller’s shed. Caller states subjects don’t own any property in the shed. Subjects arrived in a gold Ford F150.
- A call was received requesting deputy to standby at a residence in the 27100 block of Western Whitehouse Way in Oak Run to show property to potential buyer. Caller states aggressive and threatening when he arrives at property.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Bella Vista Ct in Bella Vista called to report ongoing harassment issues from wife’s sister. Sister leaving property behind at the caller’s house when she moved out.
- A resident in the 29800 block of Terry Mill Rd in Round Mountain called to report her daughter took $6,000 out of caller’s bank account.
- A citizen heard a subject scream several times across the street from caller in the Phillips and Thomas Roads of Oak Run around 10:00 a.m. Caller called neighbors and they didn’t say there were any problems however female sounded in distress.
- A call was received in the 6900 block of Wildflower Lane in Shingletown to report the theft of an old green and brown travel trailer with expired Idaho license plate that was converted to a craft room and approximately $1500-$2000 worth of tools taken from unlocked garage. Occurred sometime between May 20 and June 20.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called at 12:35 a.m. to report unknown subject attempting to open juvenile’s bedroom window. Caller state she can see someone standing near window.
- A call was received to report a male subject appears to be disoriented, stated he went for a hike in the Wilson Hill and Grace Resort Rd area of Shingletown and got lost. Male was vomiting, red in the face, possibly hear related medical. Caller provided male with water and left to call for help.
- A bank employee in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report loss to bank of over $5,000. Caller states they are required to report loss in excess of $1000.
- A call was received to report a bear wandering around the area of Hwy 299 E and Big Bend Rd in Montgomery Creek. Call requesting sheriff’s deputy to respond.
- A call was received to report the residence in the 8600 block of Basin Hollow Rd in Millville was burglarized sometime the previous day, numerous items missing. A white Ford Fusion with tinted windows also stolen. Granddaughter’s boyfriend a suspect.
- A call was received to report Cal Fire responded for smoke in area. Found several small warming fires. Have cleared incident.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Jones Valley Marina Drive in Jones Valley to report friend missing from an island near the resort. Caller last saw subject at 2:00 a.m. leaving the island to go on boat to sleep. All parties had been drinking.
- A resident in the 29600 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown called to state last night while sleeping someone entered her garage and took her purse and cigarettes.
- A call was received from a business complex in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a male wearing gray plaid shirt and navy shorts, has been loitering all day. Has been in and out of store. Male has been looking in vehicles in the parking lot. Currently inside the store bathroom.