These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A resident in the 21000 block of Sunnyside Drive in Palo Cedro to report a phone scam from the Dominican Republic; grandson needing $884 bail and being held at the US Embassy. Caller was able to get a hold of grandson and knows he is not in custody.
- A call was received to report his father is opening and stealing mail belonging to caller. Caller used to live at the residence in the 22300 block of Golftime Drive in Palo Cedro.
- A call was received from the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report male stole unknown items from boat parked near post office. Suspect wearing gray shirt, black pants.
- A resident in the 21700 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista to report fraud from an IRS scam. Caller gave subjects $6000.
- A resident in the 30100 block of Thomas Rd in Oak Run called to report she can hear a female yelling “help me” from the neighbor’s house, across the street from her house. Caller states this is an ongoing issue and no one else hears the noises except her.
- A resident in the 12600 block of Dry Creek Rd in Bella Vista called to report receiving second hand information from his wife to state a male is outside the house shout about wanting caller and wife to give him gas. Unknown physical description. Caller not answering the door, still hears him yelling outside. Caller is armed with firearm and state will remain inside this house.
- A call was receive to report while staying at a campground in the 7700 block of Koa Rd in Shingletown the previous day, the caller found a three-year-old male wandering along Hwy 44. Caller states a female eventually arrived to pick up the juvenile. Call thought it was odd, states female wasn’t concerned the child’s diaper was soaked through.
- A call was received from the 30600 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore to report unknown subject broke into school after breaking a window. Subjects didn’t steal much of anything, but did engage in eating the school’s food.
- A call was received to report a burglary to the 13900 block of Creek Trail in Jones Valley sometime overnight. Multiple items taken from house and boat that is parked at house.
- A call was received from a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a Hispanic male with dark curly hair, blue shirt, took a bottle of alcohol and left in a gray Nissan or Toyota. Last seen south bound towards Safeway.
- A call was received to report two subjects were interrupted stealing fruit from caller trees on his property in the Palo Cedro Estates Drive and Old 44 Drive area of Palo Cedro. Subjects fled on foot, last seen to rear of Foothill Church near a shed. Caller concerned they may be burglarizing it.
- A call was received from the 33200 block of Plateau Pines Rd in Shingletown to report being hit by a female trying to move a trailer.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to state ongoing issue with neighbors over a gate between the properties.
- A business employee in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report receiving a fake $10 bill. Suspect on long at location.
- A call was received to report her locked car was broken into near the Big Bend Rd and Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek while she was hiking at Hatchet Falls. Caller states wallet/purse/and personal identification taken.
- A burglary was report in the 22300 block of Buckboard Trail in Palo Cedro. CHP in route, suspect in his 30’s, heavily tattooed, possibly armed with bat is on foot.
- A call was received at 8:35 a.m. to report a group of subjects camped out at a park in the Cedro Lane and Old 44 Drive in Palo Cedro in the back side.
- A call was received to report a locked vehicle was broken into in the Jones Valley public ramp sometime between Monday and today. Point of entry was through a window that the suspect smashed out. Several items taken.
- A resident in the 12200 block of Dry Creek Rd in Bella Vista called to report being a victim of identity theft.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Putt Putt Lane in Bella Vista called to state a chainsaw was taken from inside his house overnight and he has found it for sale on Craigslist. The suspect was living at the house with caller but is moving out.
- CHP received called but doesn’t have any available units and need assistance to a report of two juveniles dressed all in black clothes holding a braided cable across the roadway in the Big Bend and Sleepy Creek Roads in Montgomery Creek.
- A call was received from the 20200 block of Skypark Drive in Palo Cedro to report he rents a location as storage for Antiques and collectibles. Unknown subject broken in and extensive items were taken. Believes $60-80,000 of retail value of items taken, they also did extensive damage to the location. Caller is no longer at the location. There is possible evidence at location—crow bar that they possibly used to gain entry.
- A call was received from the 7500 block of Pine Lane in Shingletown to report a subject broken into rental property approximately two weeks ago. Mutual friend told the caller that caller’s property is currently at suspect’s house. Unable to leave to report burglary from the past two weeks.
- A call was received from the 8000 block of Doodlebug Lane in Shingletown to report neighbors have been speeding up and down the easement on caller’s property, scaring rescue horses on the property to the point where three horses have been injured and had to be put down.
- A resident in the 36600 block of Douglas Fir Ct in Shingletown at 12:20 a.m. to report an ongoing dispute with neighbors about her dogs barking at night. Tonight when caller walked by a neighbor’s residence she started yelling for one of the neighbors to call the police and accusing caller of being a “peeping tom”.
- A call was received at 3:37 a.m. to report a white F150 pick up parked on Creek Trail off Bear Mountain Road is clocking the exit for the caller’s residence on Oscar Place in Jones Valley. Caller’s husband is trying to leave for work, vehicle is running and somebody appears to be lying down inside. He tried to get their attention and they looked up and then laid back down. Two suspects—Alyxandra Paradiso and Timothy Smith were arrested.
- A call was received from the 23600 block of Millville Way in Millville to report a storage shed at the church broken into, unknown time frame.
- A call was received to report while walking home from the store in the Buena Vista and Deschutes Rd area of Bella Vista, dogs came out into roadway and bit caller, broke skin, medical declined.
- A resident in the 29600 block of Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain called to report subject called her claiming to be credit card company offering 0% financing. Kept tying to get her birthday and started acting strange.
- A in the 28400 block of Pine Hollow Drive in Shingletown called to report the theft of check from mailbox. $1420 check made out to caller from VCA Animal Hospital. Check was cashed on July 5, 2017. Wells Fargo will file claim with their fraud department.
- A call was received from the 23600 block of Millville Way in Millville to report church and shed burglarized again the previous night.
- A call was received to report he was on the phone with his ex-wife in the 6700 block of Cottage Hill Drive in Millville while she suddenly screamed and the line disconnected. Caller has been unable to call her back, believes her new boyfriend may have caused fight over her calling. Female has not mentioned previous violence before.
- A resident in the 21700 block of Rusty Lane in Palo Cedro to report grand theft of purse and wallet from vehicle. Occurred Sunday evening. Unknown suspect that has used stolen card.
- A call was received after hearing second hand information to caller from a coworker that a male is digging ruts across road in the 30500 block of RL Smith Lumber Co Road in Oak Run. The male is fighting with passing log truck drivers over the speed at which they are driving. Male, 38 years old, has a firearm on his person.
- A resident in the 25600 block of Cherith Brook Drive in Millville called to report male sitting in caller’s driveway screaming “help me” male stating his vehicle was wrecked and drove off a cliff.
- A citizen called to report seeing a newer model black Chevy pickup heading north bound on the 300 Rd near Deer Flat and McCumber Lake Rd in Shingletown. Vehicle had wheel barrow and lots of stuff, appeared they may have dumped the stuff. Caller contacted them and told them not to dump there, and then subjects left. Subjects were trying to dump either junk or stolen property.
- A resident in the 34000 block of Timber Ridge Rd in Shingletown to report four dogs came onto caller’s property this morning and tried attack her four-year-old son. Caller’s husband was able to get to son before dogs. Dogs came from the 34700 block of Big Tree Lane in Shingletown.
- A camper at Hatcreek Over Look Camp Ground and Travel Trailer was burglarized in the Hwy 44 and Hwy 89.
- A resident in the 10400 block of Daysha Way called to report a rattle snake on the front porch blocking the door. Caller is not at the house, only wife and two sons.
- A citizen called to report two Bison starving in a field in the Hwy 44 and Black Butte Rd in Shingletown.
- A call was received from the 16200 block of Silverthorne Rd in Jones Valley to report a call from the water that a house boat renter has water coming into the bathroom. Negative sinking. 23 subjects on board, went from resort, straight to the middle of the lake.
- A resident in the 11800 block of Hootenanny Lane in Bella Vista called to report roommate stole a tire/wheel off caller’s vehicle that morning.
- A call just went to get mail at the Hwy 299 E and Holiday Way in Bella Vista. Caller thinks possibly post master left all the parcel boxes unattended and left a handful of parcel keys. Caller does not want them to get in the wrong hands. Is taking the post masters keys and will have them at his house for a deputy to pick up.
- A resident in the 6700 block of Black Butte Rd in Shingletown to state he used to have woodworking business and has been receiving random phone calls. Caller believes subjects are possibly charging subjects using caller’s old business to scam people out of money.
- A resident in the 11800 block of Hootenanny Lane in Bella Vista called back to report she is in a fight with roommate who is trying to take tires off her car.
- A resident in the 8000 block of Doodlebug Lane in Shingletown called to report two males on motorcycles speeding down gravel road and kicking rocks at his livestock. Call confronted them about the speeding and they threatened to hit the caller.
- A call was received to report males burglarizing vehicle in the Hwy 299 E and Centrum Lane area of Round Mountain, by throwing a large rock through window of car and stole purse. Suspects were last seen towards Redding in silver Dodge Cummings pickup.
- A resident in the 32700 block of Rock Creek Rd in Manton called to report neighbor to the left made threats towards the caller over dogs getting in a fight. Caller states ongoing issue with same subjects.