As of this date, the sheriff’s daily activity log has changed to very, very little to no narrative, only date, subject of report, officers involved and times.
SHERIFF’S LOG UPDATE: After talking to Claudia at the Sheriff’s Office, I was told that they are using a new program now, which I noticed, and it is very nice. But they have not figured out how to completely use it to print out logs with detail/narrative portion. They are currently working on it. So, there is hope. I will check on the logs daily to see if there are any updates, plus I shall continue to post weekly the burglaries with addresses. The other entries are just too vague to even bother to read.
- A call was received at 12:35 a.m. from the 17200 block of Buzzard Roost Rd to report a burglary.
- A call was received at 10:28 a.m. from the 7700 block of Merrilea Lane in Shingletown to report property found in the Long Hay Flat Rd and Hwy 44 area of Shingletown
- A call was received from the 24800 block of Hwy 44 in Millville to report petty theft.
- A call was received from the 30100 block of Jackson Lane in Montgomery Creek to report a burglary.
- A call was received from the 15300 block of Silverthorn Rd in Jones Valley to report vandalism.
- A call was received from the 33400 block of Brook Vail Lane in Shingletown to report vandalism.
- OFFICER REPORT GIVEN: A call was received from the 8900 block of Old Oregon Trail in Palo Cedro of fraud. The events start with a phone call on 10/3 to report fraudulent use of her debit card. Caller suspected recent short-term caregivers as being responsible for the theft and unauthorized use of her card. Caller states that two withdrawals had been made at Win River Casino on 10/3 each for $303.00, leaving no money in her account. Officer contacted Win River security and asked them to check surveillance video at the ATM machines in the casino at 5:00 a.m. Officer was provided the video and photos did not match either suspects as the couple in the video were Hispanic and older. Victim said she would provide officer with a bank statement showing the dates and times of transactions as report by her bank. After receiving the statement on 10/18 officer was unable to determine when the transactions were actually made and all other leads in matter have been exhausted. This case will be made inactive pending any new leads.
- No incidents
- No incidents