These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A call was received to report the theft of a Smith and Wesson .357 was taken from late father’s house in the 13600 block of Jaybird Way in Jones Valley two years ago. Caller believes that brother who passed last year was responsible.
- A call was received to state she received a call from a male stating he found a stolen tractor in the woods at his house in the 8000 block of Starlite Pines Rd in Shingletown and asks caller’s husband to come pick up.
- A resident in the 28300 block of Alpine Way in Shingletown called to report hearing a fight between male and female at unknown resident to right of caller.
- A bypasser called to report a pile of garbage was dumped on the side of road approximately one mile past Dry Creek Rd on Bear Mountain Road. Caller states today, when she drove past there, were approximately four to five skunks and three to four raccoons all in the area of the garbage.
- A resident in the 11500 block of Sonora Trail in Bella Vista called at 7:44 a.m. to report a female walking around caller’s property. Woman, age 60’s, tank top, blue capris with white handbag, said her dog ran away. She is now carrying it. Female appears to be confused and is now walking towards the back of caller’s property. Another call came in the 11500 block of Sonora Trail at 7:59 a.m. to report a female came to caller’s house very confused. Caller let the female inside.
- A resident in the 24900 block of Hwy 44 in Millville called to report damage to front property gate, hinges cut off, ongoing problem with possible suspect/neighbors.
- A business employee in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro report 6-8 juveniles, approximately 16 years of old, are riding scooters in front of business almost hitting caller’s vehicle.
- A business employee in the 21900 block of Hwy 299 E in Bella Vista to report highly intoxicated male outside the store for several hours. Male purchased alcohol earlier in the day. Male approximately 65 years old, gray beanie, purple shirt, blue jeans. Possible transient type.
- An employee in the 9500 block of Old Oregon Trail called to report three Hispanic males are inside and outside and outside the business acting suspiciously. Males making hand signals to each other.
- A call was received to seek permission to break into the garage of a house in the 30900 block of Thumper Drive in Shingletown to retrieve her cat. Caller’s cat has been locked inside the neighbor’s garage for the last two and half days without food or water.
- A call was received from the 20000 block of Old Alturas Rd to report theft of keys and batteries from vehicle at work site.
- A call was received from the 14600 block of Ravine Rd in Jones Valley to report a male and female in a fight in front of the house. Female is threatening to burn the house down.
- A resident in the 20000 block of Hwy 44 in Millville called to report his gate hardware was vandalized sometime over the last few days.
- A resident of a house in the 34000 block of Big Trees Lane in Shingletown called to report her house was burglarized while at hospital, back window broken. States this is the second time, but did not report last time. No suspects information. Items missing: Xbox, Play Station, laptop, miscellaneous clothing. Caller believes occurred between noon to 10:00 pm. that day per neighbor.
- A resident in the 10200 block of Ponderosa Way in Shingletown to report a burglary sometime during the last month.
- A resident in the 14700 block of Bear Mountain Rd in Jones Valley to report a burglary sometime in the last 24 hours. Back window broken and items taken.
- A resident in the 7300 block of Ringtail Lane in Shingletown to report receiving a fraudulent check from unknown subject on Craigslist.
- A call was received to report a male parked at intersection, appears to be passed out in the driver’s seat in the Oak Run Rd and Old 44 Drive in Millville.
- A call was received to report a pitbull is locked in a white Toyota SUV 4 Runner parked near football field parking lot in the 9700 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro. Caller believes too hot to be locked inside of car.
- A call was received to report a tent trailer abandoned in driveway of 14700 block of Ravine Rd in Jones Valley. Neighbors saw dropped off approximately six months ago. Caller purchased is new owner of property. Trailer blocking driveway.
- A resident in the 10200 block of Porta Dego Way in Palo Cedro to report hearing footsteps outside possible in front yard. Caller and son only one’s home, currently upstairs.
- A call was received at 5:59 a.m. to report CalFire at scene of vegetation fire with heavy winds in the Argonaut Trail and Elk Trail E in Jones Valley.
- A resident in the 7400 block of Woodburrow Rd in Shingletown called to report son who lives at house and rents from caller. Caller broke the porch, when asked why he shattered the front window. Caller required assistance.
- A resident in the 23600 block of Hwy 299 E in Bella Vista called to report house burglarized sometime the last four hours. Caller states point of entry was kitchen window. Also, found external bedroom door open. Two Honda mini bikes, tv, miscellaneous items taken from residence. Subjects also took listed car. Keys unaccounted for. No suspect information. Caller states subjects left a walkie talkie behind in his bedroom.
- A call was received to report seeing a white pickup with camper shell seen in a dirt turn out in the South Cow Creek Rd and Hwy 44 in Millville, half way down first hill on South Cow Creek. When caller drove by male appeared to hide. Appeared suspicious.
- A resident in the 21800 block of Boyle Rd in Palo Cedro called to report hearing 8-9 shots in the area over the last 3-4 minutes. Possibly from a .22. Believes across the house on Leslye Lane. Not sure of location. Never heard a fight. Shots appeared to be continuing.
- A business owner called from the 9400 block of Cedro Lane in Palo Cedro to report a later model white Tioga with no license plates has been in the parking lot for three days.