These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A renter of a commercial building in the 9450 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report property owner causing an argument over caller smoking inside building and refuses to leave.
- A security guard at Pit 7 After Bay Dam in the Fenders Ferry Rd and Hwy w99 E in Montgomery Creek called to sate male fisherman on Dam refusing to leave.
- A call was received from the 10000 block of E. Stillwater Way to report three subjects on the property— they are trying to remove the gate and take down the caller’s no trespassing signs. Caller states they rent the house from friends and they do not know the subjects—Two males and one female with several dogs. Associated with an olive-green SUV.
- A call was received from the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report male—frizzy hair, baggy pants, t-shirt, late 40’s—sitting in the parking lot of the church across the street from Holiday. Request he is moved along.
- A call was received at 6:58 a.m. to report he received an alert from security camera at the house in the 30000 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek. Caller saw male walking around on front porch with flashlight. Caller not at location and unknown if still on property.
- A call was received from the 21200 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista to report a theft on June 8.
- A call was received to report a church in the 11500 block of Old Oregon Trail was broken into between now and last Monday.
- A call was received to report ongoing issue with male stealing water out of his property on Cedar Creek in the Frisby and Terry Mill Roads area of Round Mountain.
- A call was received to report truck broken into overnight in the Jones Valley Marina parking lot. Vehicle is a sandy opaque Ford Raptor and rifle was stolen from the truck. Point of entry was rear drivers side window broken out.
- A female called from the 7200 block of Dogwood Drive in Shingletown to report in a fight with husband, both are under the influence. Male heard yelling and caller states male attempting to strike caller.
- A business owner in the 11900 block of Kern Drive in Bella Vista called at 5:56 a.m. to report locating a subject sleeping near business doors. Appears subjects attempted to open windows but was unsuccessful. Subject left on foot east bound 299.
- A subject called to report finding postings online/Facebook crime pages about himself being a thief. Possibly associated with a set of keys he found at the Round Mountain Store last week.
- A call was received from the 29700 block of Terry Mill Rd in Round Mountain to state unknown subjects vandalize gate to school.
- A call was received to report that a subject that works at a neighboring business in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro ran over some equipment in his late 90’s marron Chevy pickup that was in parking lot. Caller unsure if done on purpose or on accident.
- A call was received to report property taken from the 30800 block of Nelson Creek Rd in Big Bend. All items unsecured and not in any structures. Valued approximately $2500 or more. Caller had surveillance system cameras, those were also stolen.
- A bypasser traveling in Round Mountain, near the 29400 block of Hwy 299E, called to report she believes that the window of her vehicle was shot out while she was driving west bound on 299 E. Caller heard what sounded like gunshot and window shattered. No one seen.
- A citizen called to state male walking up and down the street in the 8100 block of Starlite Pines Rd in Shingletown with an 8” knife in his hand—waving knife and arguing with himself.
- A business person from the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report subject sleeping in parking lot to business in a maroon Chevy pickup. Caller states ongoing issues with subject including subject taking pictures of her clients.
- A church in the 10100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to state that when someone arrived at church that morning a subject was inside a storage closet inside the church. Subject moved along. Caller now at church and states that he passed subject south bound of Deschutes near the high school on the east side of the roadway. Doesn’t appear anything was taken.
- A Frontier 411 operator received a call from a listed telephone in the 30400 block of R L Smith Logging Road in Oak Run. Female was heard in fight with male and then told male, ‘go ahead and take the gun then’ and line dropped.
- A resident in the 13600 block of Broken Branch Trail in Jones Valley called to report her son cut lock to storage shed and unknown if anything was taken.
- A call was received to states to see male in the Old 44 Drive and Deschutes Road area in Palo Cedro that appears to be on drugs. Subject is talking to himself brown afro, long black shirt, black baggy pants. Last seen walking west bound down Old 44.
- A citizen called to report seeing a male that appears to be a transient in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro. He is seen prying on front door to location when she drove past. Subject is a male I wearing no shirt, blue jeans and no shoes.
- A call from a business in the 5400 block of Deschutes Rd called to report approximately ten full propane tanks taken from the business sometime that night. No suspect information.
- A call was received to state the county is demoing a property in the Moss Drive and Janet Way area of Jones Valley today and tomorrow and caller was advised to request standby to look for his stolen property at the house. Location was known for having stolen property.
- A resident in the 24200 block of Dersch Rd in Millville called to state female friend of subject that was living in barn stole firearm from location.
- A call from a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro came in to report male with afro, scruffy beard, baggy pants has been loitering in the area for three days. Tried to purchase alcohol from the store and didn’t have good ID.
- A call was received to report a male loitering near the north end of shopping center in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro. States ongoing issue.
- A resident in the 29400 block of Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain called to report neighbor caused a fight with caller and threw coffee at him.
- A resident in the 20300 block of Leon Lane called to report he was contacted by subject claiming to be from the public defender’s office as King for Bail Money for her grandson and she transferred $2190 on June 1 to a male in Tampa Florida. Has a copy of the transaction record for deputy.
- A neighbor of a resident in a 12000 block of Neal Lane in Bella Vista called for report concern for her neighbor. States she is still concerned that no one was able to locate him. States his animals and his car still at the location.
- A resident in the 14800 block of Lamoine Drive in Jones Valley called to state gas taken from vehicles overnight. Both gas caps were removed and laying on the ground.