These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A parent called to report his son called him from the 20800 block of Clairvaux Lane in Bella Vista stating window broken out of his vehicle. Caller did not know circumstances or how window broken. Wishes deputy to respond to contact his son.
- A by passer called to state a female is walking east bound smoking unknown pipe in the Hwy 44 and Sites Road area of Shingletown. Male driver in a silver SUV following female and appears to be in a fight.
- A resident in the 17000 block of Buzzard Roost Rd in Round Mountain states her neighbor is taking fence down that is between properties. The male told her he was re-stretching it, however caller concerned due to having cows and other livestock on property.
- A resident in the 23200 block of Crestmont Drive in Millville called to report son in law causing a fight with caller. Subject lives on property.
- A business owner in the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report a black flatbed truck drive through parking lot slowly numerous times over the last few days.
- A bypasser was flag down by a male in the Mountain View and Hwy 299 E area regarding a bicycle just stolen.
- A business employee in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report male transient type subject with long dark curly hair, wearing dark shirt and sweatpants, has walked back and forth past location approximately 15 times.
- A customer at a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report phone wallet was taken when she left the location. Caller believes two males behind her in line are responsible.
- A call was received to state a sliver and black motorcycle has been abandoned for the last two weeks in the Battle Creek Bottom and Wildcat Roads in Shingletown. Caller believes possibly stolen.
- A resident in the 21700 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista called to report a male came to his door. Male stated he was 18 years old and a runaway. Caller does not believe male 18 years. Caller drove male to Cruz Thru and dropped him off.
- A call was received to report his wallet was stolen out of friend’s vehicle in the 22100 block of Buena Vista Drive in Bella Vista.
- A subject called to report someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the Jones Valley Marina parking lot.
- A call was received to report cluster mailbox burglarized in the Los Osos Street and Portero Drive. Pry bar left on ground.
- A call was received from the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a subject that is a transient in the area always wearing dark colored clothing and caller almost hit subject the previous night while driving.
- A male called in to report a SUV rollover on the east bound Hwy 44 past the East Cow Creek area of Millville.
- A resident in the 21800 block of Squaw Grass Trail in Bella Vista called at 5:59 a.m. to report ongoing problem with neighbor speeding on dirt road and almost hitting the caller.
- A resident in the 11500 block of Bluff Road in Bella Vista called to state a lock cut off his shop and vehicle damaged possibly attempt to steal vehicle.
- A bypasser called to report seeing a maroon Suzuki motorcycle lying on its side of roadway between Wildcat Road and Wilson Hill Road in Shingletown. Not one seen in the area.
- A call was received from the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report suspicious vehicle in parking lot occupied by two females and one male for several hours. Caller approached subjects who stated they were waiting for someone. All subjects have now left area.
- A resident in the 20500 block of Bernard Way called to report the theft of a Smith and Wesson .38 revolver taken from the house. Taken on May 21-22. Believes taken by carpet installation employee.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Buena Vista Ct in Bella Vista call to report she believes her roommate stolen her firebox with jewelry inside. Male heard in background. Caller not answering call taker.
- A renter in the 7500 block of Long Hay Flat Rd in Shingletown called to state his landlord has been coming onto his property, barging into his house, taking pictures of his house etc.
- A business owner in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report male adult urinated on sidewalk and is currently eating a sandwich on the south west corner of business.
- A resident in the 9800 block of Cow Creek Drive in Palo Cedro state his ex-stepson of unknown female at the house is currently in the driveway. Resident pulled into driveway and has yet to get out of vehicle.
- A call was received to report hearing several gunshots in the Hwy 44 and Ravens Roost Rd area of Shingletown, then also hearing male yelling. Believes it is his neighbor however unable to provide name.
- A call was received to state property owner/landlord is at his commercial building in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro. Man is causing a fight over caller smoking inside building. Refused to leave.
- A renter in the 11000 block of E. Stillwater Way called to report three—two males and one female, associated with an olive green SUV, on the property. They are trying to remove the gate and take down the caller’s no trespassing signs. Caller states they rent the house from friends and they do not know the subjects.