These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A resident in the 8000 block of Starlite Pines Rd in Shingletown called at 2:08 a.m. to report female was just standing near his gate/property line yelling for help, said she was scared and needed a ride. Caller didn’t go out of speak with female, so she left on foot. Last seen southbound on Starlite Pines. Unknown why female was scared or what may have occurred. No one else seen or heard.
- A call was received to report a subject set up a tent under the Logan Bridge near the Old 44 Drive and Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A call was received from the 400 East 603 Rd in Shingletown to state cabin door and multiple windows were vandalized sometime on or before June 23.
- A resident in the 8600 block of Savannah Way in Shingletown called to report the theft of medications from unlocked vehicle.
- A call was received from a business in the 30300 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek state there is a male who is not allowed at store has been asked to leave and is currently in front of store yelling at customers.
- A resident in the 30300 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called to state a male with one arm is under the bridge across from the store screaming at her.
- A call was received to report a white vehicle shooting firearms in the area of Hwy 44 and Kirkman Way in Millville.
- A property owner in the 30000 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called to report a tractor valued at approximately $24,000 was stolen from the property sometime between Saturday and now.
- A resident in the 15000-block called to report a female called claiming the caller won some money and a vehicle but needed to send them money first. Caller sent just over $1000 already and now they are asking for him to send more money before he can receive his winnings.
- A call was received to report a male subject standing on the bridge just south of Dersch and Deschutes Roads in Palo Cedro looking over the edge.
- A property owner in the 30000 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called back from yesterdays called to report she watched a security camera feed and saw a male subject walking around the property at 2:20 a.m.
- A resident in the 29300 block of Bullskin Ridge Rd in Oak Run called to state his vehicle that was stolen and recovered by RPD contains property that is not his. Caller believes it may be evidence to a crime spree in his neighborhood.
- A manager of a park called to state a subject, that is an evicted tenant, has locked himself in a residence in the 6900 block of Woodpecker Drive in Shingletown.
- A resident in the 28600 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown to report selling an item on Craigslist and subject who purchased item sent a check for an amount more than the requested amount. Caller believes to be a scam.
- A call was received that he received a message from his daughter that a cabin in the 9300 block of Mountain Meadow Rd in Shingletown was burglarized. Backsliding glass door was broken. Unknown what was taken.
- A resident in the 22300 block of Golftime Drive in Palo Cedro called to report sunglasses and two-way radio valued at $400 taken from vehicle.
- A resident in the 21500 block of Privet Drive in Bella Vista called to report the front and back plates and battery taken off a 17foot U-Haul that she had purchased.
- A call was received to report an ATV trailer $1200, was taken from Forest area of Ponderosa Wy and Withrow Rd in Shingletown between June 23 and now. Caller has serial number for trailer.
- A resident in the 24500 block of Dersch Rd in Millville called to report male was ringing caller’s gate bell. Male claimed he was out of gas, however, caller saw no vehicle. Male left on foot westbound. Male approached gate again. Caller suspects male might be under the influence of something.
- A resident in the 27600 block in Oak Run to Fern Rd to Oak Run to report numerous items taken, believes by subject that is squatting on property.
- A call was received to report he was doing a real estate deal in the 25300 block of South Cow Creek Rd in Whitmore with a subject, but the male has decided to not continue the deal and now the male is harassing him via email.
- A resident in the 24200 block of Old 44 Drive in Millville called to report a male is at the house getting in the way of crews attempting to clean up, standing in front of tractors.
- A resident in the 23000 block of Dersch Rd in Millville called to report male 920’s, shaved head, black shirt with yellow writing, and blue jeans) appears to be under the influence and possibly casing houses. Last seen walking eastbound on Dersch.
- A call was received to report he was confronted by a known male/neighbor. While driving down roadway, subject threatened to pull caller out of vehicle and assault him.
- A resident in the 13900 block of Christian Way in Jones Valley called and sounded a little disoriented. State that his ex-wife took all his guns from his house when he was in the hospital and moved them to Idaho and is now refusing to give them back.
- A property owner in the 30000 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called to state she has security system that alerted her at location. Caller saw a male (heavy set with black t-shirt and jeans) walking in the yard.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report weight bench and weed eater taken from her yard sometime that day.
- A call was received from the Jones Valley Public Ramp in Jones Valley to report the recovery of a stolen vehicle —brown Chey truck with chrome mag wheels and black winch.
- A resident in the 10200 block of Ritts Mill Rd in Shingletown to report fraudulent activity on a clothing card, with over $500 taken.
- A resident in the 7200 block of Honker Way in Millville called to report a 400-pound pig was wandering around in the area. Animal control was responded yesterday. Pig currently at neighbor’s house and causing issues with caller’s horses.