These Sheriff Reports are daily abbreviated records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A resident in the 10300 block of Lone Goose Lane in Palo Cedro called at 12:58 a.m. to report boyfriend has been drinking. Parties are separated within the residence in different bedrooms. David Blackwell was later arrested at the scene.
- A resident in the 11400 block of Easy Street in Bella Vista called to report barn broken into. Four to five western hats taken. Unsure if anything else at this time.
- A call was received from the 10400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report possible phone scam. Caller has sent four separate transactions so far.
- A business employee in the 30300 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called to report a known male was smoking marijuana in front of the store earlier, then caused minor fight when told not to and to leave the area.
- A resident in the 22100 block of Backbone Rd in Jones Valley called to report he just received a call from an unknown subject claiming to be his grandson and requires him to send money to help him out. Caller knew it was a scam and gave the caller some unchoice words. Caller request SCSO be advised.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Jones Valley Marina Drive in Jones Valle to report theft from vehicle of miscellaneous ski equipment and boat accessories. Vehicle was parked inside locked area at the marina. Occurred possibly Wednesday.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Lassen View Drive in Palo Cedro calls to report house broken into sometime the last two weeks. No suspects information. Caller request personal contact. States safe and high-value items missing.
- A resident in the 33400 block of Northwood Way in Shingletown called to state house was burglarized.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Best Lane in Bella Vista called to report unknown subject placing nail under tire of vehicle. History of the same. Recent problems with landlord.
- A call was received on behalf of her mother who does not speak English. Report wallet lost the day before yesterday, possibly in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A resident in the 12600 block of Fern Rd E in Whitmore called to report phone scam where caller sent them $2000.
- A call was received from the 30100 block of Thomas Rd in Oak Run to report ongoing issue with female heard screaming for help somewhere in the area of her house.
- A Cal Fire employee while at a medical call across the street observed a male in the 12000 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista is throwing rocks at passing vehicles. Male wearing black hat, gray shirt and red shorts.
- A resident in the 9800 block of Oriole Lane in Palo Cedro called to report a 20-30-year-old male walked onto his property out of the greenbelt. Started to look in caller’s vehicle. When caller confronted him, he stated he was trying to get to Foothill High School. Stated he has been in Kansas for last 13 years, however family owns Holiday Market.
- A resident in the 19300 block of Catons Way in Montgomery Creek to report neighbor has possibly tapped into the spring feeding caller’s well. Call is not getting any water. Caller told it was a civil matter.
- A resident in the 9900 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report theft of three shotguns, one handgun and miscellaneous tools that were locked in vehicle.
- A house boater in the Silverthorn resort in Jones Valley called to report suspect driving a yellow brown speed boat just raced past the caller’s houseboat while juveniles were in the water. Caller thinks in retaliation due to a drone caller was flying.
- A resident in the 6200 block of Wilson Hill Rd in Shingletown called to say she is parked near Wilson Hill Rd and Christy Creek Lane wanting to drive home. Caller passed neighbor’s house 30 minutes earlier and neighbor made threats that he would shoot caller after his dogs chased her vehicle. Caller is afraid to drive past suspect’s house.
- A call was received to report her camo/rhine stones wallet was stolen from a shopping cart at a business in the 9400 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A report of petty theft from the 7700 block of Koa Rd in Shingletown. Miscellaneous camping gear on June 22 and two separate sites on June 26 of tablet taken from guest. The previous night theft of camp stoves, memorial plague. One victim just called and said a blank check was taken and attempted to be used at unknown location.
- A resident in the 8200 block of Starlite Pines Rd in Shingletown called to report husband provided bank account, social security number and other personal information to scam caller claiming to be with Publisher’s Clearinghouse.
- A call was received to report subjects shooting semi-automatic off houseboat in the cove west of Silverthorn resort in Jones Valley.
- A business owner in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to state he has video footage of someone attempting to break into side door of his business on Sunday at 2:55 a.m.
- A business employee in the 8900 block of Airport Rd called to report a white adult male driving a white Kia Sorento and a Hispanic adult male passenger stole items worth $200 and fled going south bound on Airport.
- A resident in the 21600 block of Oak Meadow Rd in Palo Cedro called to report identity theft by unknown subject opened accounts in his name.
- A resident in the 10300 block of Porta Dego Way in Palo Cedro called at 3:15 a.m. to report seeing a shadow outside and someone walking around with a flash light. Caller request area check. States all doors and windows are closed and locked and all juveniles at the group home are accounted for. Flashlight last seen in the front of the house, near the front door.
- A resident in the 14300 block of Estep Ridge Rd in Oak Run called to report neighbor that is just north of caller has been shooting guns off all day. Caller states a few bullets have west over caller’s house and possibly hit something.
- A call was received from the 7500 block of Creekside Mobile Circle in Shingletown to report an unknown male has been looking into mobile homes at the park and acting strange. Caller states he was just chased off and last seen going west bound on Hwy 44 on foot. Caller called back on July 12 at 12:43 a.m. to say subject just came back at the park.