These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A call was relayed from Cal Fire to report illegal campers at the first driveway on the left on 299 E just east of Oak Run Road in Round Mountain. It’s report a large transient camp with aggressive dogs.
- A resident in the 21100 block of Oak Knoll Rd in Bella Vista to report her boyfriend’s daughter and daughter’s boyfriend are causing a fight and making threats to hit caller and caller’s adult grandson. Suspect is currently in garage. Unknown weapons, possibly on meth. Caller is in main house with doors locked. Hours later another person called from this residence to report a family member has been staying with caller’s father. Caller believes he has been stealing her father’s prescription medication.
- A call was received to report he was parked at Centrum Lane and Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain and his locked red Toyota Camry was burglarized by broken window; purse was taken.
- A call was received from the 9200 block of Fawn Hills Ct in Palo Cedro to report a female was heard screaming “Get Here” stating her father is causing some sort of fight. When questioned further female stated, “You need to get someone her now” and disconnected on call taker. Caller states male left in a silver blue Toyota Tundra.
- A resident in the 13700 block of Bear Valley Trail in Jones Valley called to report she is at work and has a surveillance alarm that someone is in her house. Caller does not recognize male, who is wearing baseball cap, gray shirt, jeans and black shoes. No one supposed to be there. Male is now in master bedroom.
- A resident in the 9500 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to state a suspect acting strange, swinging his arms around. Last seen south bound on Deschutes. Suspect has been in area all day, seen earlier approximately 10-30 hours in same location Subject walked up driveway three times.
- A call was received from the 22000 block of Buena Vista Drive in Bella Vista to report a suspect was evicted from the property weeks ago. Caller arrived at the location to clean up and the suspect chased him off the property with a metal pipe. Caller left and is standing by in the area.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to report on going problems with neighbors harassing the caller’s family. Today they filmed the caller’s hay delivery and made comments that she would never get hay delivered again.
- A call was received from a daughter saying her mother called her from the water near the Jones Valley Resort to report that she was on Shasta Lake with friends and they left her stranded on an island. She does not have her glasses and can’t see and doesn’t know where she is. Caller believes she went with her roommates. Caller advised for her to call 911.
- A resident in the Windy Point Rd and Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek states her debit card was miss-delivered by UPS the previous day. Recipient of card attempted to activate the card.
- A call was received from the 31200 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown to report a travel trailer is parked on his property and someone is possibly living in it to try to sell it. Information relayed from county board member.
- A call was received from the 10600 block of Swede Creek Rd in Palo Cedro to report male throwing items out of the bed of older model pickup in poor condition to the west of the school.
- A call was received from a business in the 9400 block of Cedro Lane in Palo Cedro to report a male and female in a black Ford CV convertible attempting to start the vehicle with a screwdriver in the ignition. Radiator appears to be leaking also and some type of part hanging down from the vehicle. Another male just walked up and got into vehicle.
- A landlord on a property in the 28400 block of Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain called requesting standby. Caller states they are trying to move out and she caused a fight and makes threats.
- A call was received from the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report several subjects loitering near the rock waterfall. White male in 20’s shaved head and facial tattoos. White female in 20’s brown hair and red tank top.
- A resident in the 8900 block of Warner Way in Shingletown called to report subject who previously lived at the location but moved out in June has returned on foot and refused to leave. Currently the subject is in a fight with caller’s friend in front of the house. No weapons seen, but caller believes suspect is known to carry firearms and other weapons.
- A call was received from the Jones Valley Resort 1/s mile from boat launch heading north. Boat versus jet skier. All parties out of the water. Caller too far away to see specific injuries. Houseboat white with red pin stripe.
- A resident in the 12100 block of Kern Drive in Bella Vista called to report two male suspects pulled into her drive way, honking their horn. The suspect asked caller if she wanted her drive way paved. Caller looked up their license info and it came back to a different business name.
- A call was received to report he just witnessed an unknown subject crawl into the neighbor’s residence in the 29700 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown. Caller saw male with no shirt black jeans going through the window.
- CHP unit request back up for a female driver in the 32600 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek that is unconscious in a vehicle that is reported stolen. A baby is in rear seat.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to report ongoing harassment by neighbors. Subjects are refusing to shut caller’s property gate and are also vandalizing the gate lock. Caller states there is a TRO between them but unknown type. Neighbor called to report ongoing harassment from neighbor and fight over easement.
- A call was received that she heard tires spinning then heard three shots in the area west of her address. Caller saw white Dodge Ram extended cab driving away east bound on Green Mountain Trail in Jones Valley.
- A call was received at 10:24 p.m. to report a white full-sized truck parked at a business in the Millville Way and Old 44 Drive in Millville. Vehicle is idling. Concerned for possibly burglary at business.
- A call was received from the 16200 block of Silverthrone Rd to report she dropped wallet while taking items from boat to vehicle. Employee state two females picked it up and stated they were going to turn it in.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Suncrest Ridge in Bella Vista called to state ongoing issue with neighbor wrapping the chain around the gate too tight. Caller has civil harassment TRO against female.
- Cal Fire called request assistance with a fire in the Blue Sky and Aloha Roads in Bella Vista. Request SCSO for possible evacuation.
- A call was received from a business in the 21900 block of Hwy 299 E in Bella Vista to report a subject dressed in red shirt, khaki shorts, and red backpack is in the store. Was asked to leave approximately one hour ago, but subject returned, and is in restroom. Caller wishes to be contacted, removed.
- CHP called that they need assistance and responding to a report of female in the roadway. Caller states female was trying to jump over the Bear Creek Bridge on east bound Hwy 44. Subject was last known to be with two motorists. CHP still in route.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Livona Lane in Bella Vista called to report ongoing issues with adult daughter who lives at location, states daughter physically attacked her some time ago. Caller just wants her to move out, was referred to civil for eviction and civil referred her back to patrol.
- A business owner in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report unknown male in small white sedan parked across street from the business watching business through binoculars.
- A resident in the 21400 block of Old 44 Drive in Palo Cedro to report wife’s closed bank account had money withdrawn from it on July 15.
- A call was received from the 6700 block of Redrock Rd in Shingletown to report employees sold $13000 worth of computer and photography equipment to unknown buyer.
- A resident in the 22500 block of Heartwood Lane in Palo Cedro called at 12:35 a.m. to report seeing 7-8 subjects with flashlights travelling west bound towards Swede Creek on foot. Caller also hear metal clinking around. Unknown description.
- A call was received to report strange male hanging out in a park in the Deschutes Rd and Old 44 Drive area of Palo Cedro sitting in a white Ford truck with older rusty blue sleep style camper shell.
- A resident in the 12400 block of Renegade Lane in Bella Vista called to report husband is causing a fight and refusing to let caller take her vehicle to leave. Caller is currently walking down the street with her nine-year-old son.
- A call was received to report two males in black truck “cat calling” caller and friend near Whispering Meadow Ct and Emigrant Trail in Shingletown. Call states at one point one male attempted to get out of vehicle. Caller and friend left area.
- A resident in the 7400 block of Millville Plains Rd in Millville called to report one-year old black Angus cow missing some time since last Friday while caller was out of town. No tags on animal.
- A call was received from a citizen to report finding a green backpack sitting up against the cluster mailboxes in the Winegar Rd and Old 44 Drive area of Palo Cedro that morning as caller took wife to work, still there.
- A by passer called to report he was driving down Old Alturas Rd near Seven Lakes Lane in Bella Vista when he states seeing two males that were on foot with one male holding a rag to his face. Caller stopped and subject stated he was pepper sprayed. Unknown subject or location information.
- A resident in the 9300 block of Mountain Meadow Rd in Shingletown called to report brother’s friends possibly stolen caller’s jewelry and two laptops from caller’s house at 8:00 p.m. and left in a black 1994 Honda Accord around the same time.
- A citizen called from a business in the 9300 block of Skycrest Way in Palo Cedro to report male (30’s, tan Carhart style pants, dark blue shirt) was inside harassing the female cashier, sounded like possibly a personal issue. Caller stepped in and told the subject to leave. Male went outside, however is standing on the west side of building, appears to be waiting for caller to leave. Does not appear to be associated with any type of vehicle.
- A call was received to report unknown subject removed callers post mailbox from the Hufford Ranch and South Cow Creek Roads in Whitmore.
- A call was received to report finding a gun safe that was pried open on company property in the Phillips and Deer Brush Roads area of Oak Run. A pair of gloves were also found next to safe.
- A call was received from a school in the 12000 block of Tintagel Lane in Whitmore that a male student forced entry into the school’s kitchen facility the previous night and took food items. Also, ongoing issues with juveniles stealing from other students. The juveniles are not detained by staff at this time.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Mirror Valley Lane in Bella Vista to report she just arrived home from out of town with her mother. States unknown boat trailer parked in her driveway and caller is unable to even get into her driveway. Unknown who it belongs to, and doesn’t belong to anyone in the area.
- A call was received to report son in law is making vague threats to caller by phone. Caller does not have physical address but in the area of Ponderosa Way and Dickerson Rd in Shingletown.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Honeywood Lane in Bella Vista called at 11:42 p.m. to report her husband detaining a subject who burglarized their house. Caller’s 14 year old daughter only the a female come in the house. Caller’s daughter did not see male or hear male. Female who is being detained state she has a male with her.
- Suspected female being detained during a burglary in the 22000 block of Honeywood Lane in Bella Vista was brought into hospital by medic unit at 1:24 a.m.
- A bypasser called to report a red Dodge Stratus on the side of the road just north of Hwy 44 at Silver Bridge Rd is unoccupied, but windows are smashed out. Caller believes possibly stolen.
- A resident in the 11800 block of Bella Vista Ct in Bella Vista to report his ex-girlfriend arrived at the house an hour ago, refusing to leave and causing a fight. Female could be heard in background.
- A bypasser called to report male slumped over in wheel chair on the side of road near Leaning Cedar Lane and Hwy 44 in Shingletown for approximately three hours ago and has not moved since.
- A citizen called to report male and female in fight in the street at Hwy 44 and Lake McCumber Road in Shingletown. Too far away from caller to provide description. Can hear them yelling at each other. Caller didn’t see any vehicle’s around them.
- Two calls received from the Palo Way and Deschutes Rd area of Palo Cedro to report a motorhome parked near business off Deschutes. Possibly camping, concerned due to several recent thefts.
- A resident in the 28600 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown called to report sister removed jewelry and miscellaneous items from trailer while it was parked on her property. Trailer was not locked.
- A resident in the 13600 block of Wildwood Lane in Jones Valley called to report she was out of the house for an hour. Returned home and found door open and house burglarized. No one in the house.
- A call was received from the park on Cedro Lane in Palo Cedro to report male driving a white RV with brown stripes parked in parking lot. Caller said she has not seen subject in the area and requested he is contacted.
- A male called from the park on Cedro Lane in Palo Cedro to report a subject was in the park challenging caller and his friends to fight. Subject last seen near the south west side of the park. Caller leaving