These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A call is received from the 16200 block of Silverthorne Rd to report the theft of wallet that occurred sometime last night. Cards are now being used in the Redding area. Call has since canceled the credit cards.
- A call was received from the 22100 block of Buena Vista of Bella Vista to report wife’s nephew was evicted from location and is attempting to sell items from inside the home that does not belong to him.
- A call is received from the 8000 block of Gold Run Rd called to hired 17-year-old to housesit, items stolen, and party was held. Called to report the stolen items. Call has spoken with juvenile’s mom about the issues, however, caller wants to pursue a report due to items of value being taken.
- A resident in the 9300 block of Wagonette Way in Palo Cedro to report he received fraudulent check in the mail over Craigslist post. Has verified by bank as fraudulent.
- A resident in the 21800 block of Old 44 Drive in Palo Cedro called to report vehicle was vandalized sometime overnight.
- A male standing at corner at Old 44 Drive and Carson Drives with his pants down—wearing underwear.
- A call was received to report her daughter ran away a week ago, a few days ago juvenile friend was going on a houseboat for a party. Caller has a friend that owns a house for a party in the 22300 block of Jones Valley Marina Drive. Caller has a friend that owns a houseboat, who are currently out of town, and caller is assuming their daughter stole the friend’s houseboat. Caller is currently in route to location caller is not wanting to report runaway.
- A resident in the 8000 block of Star Trek Drive in Shingletown stating roommate stole checks and cash them. Unknown timeframe.
- A call was received in the Winoxy Lane and McWebeth Way in Millville to report cluster mailboxes vandalized overnight. Unknown if mail taken.
- A call is received to report male with a double Jeep Patriot call to state his wife and grandson went on a walk on the Big Bend Rd and Hillcrest Drive in Montgomery Creek area in a heavily brushed trail to the rear of rest stop and have not returned. Have been gone approximately 45 min, believe they are lost.
- A call was received to report a laptop taken from unlocked vehicle in the 30500 Whitmore Rd in Whitmore.
- A call was received to report vehicle burglarized while caller was fishing that morning.
- A call was received at 11:38 p.m.to report loud party going on French Creek Rd in Palo Cedro about ¼ mile up the road from Swede Creek. Loud music with a lot of people, has been going on for a few days now until 6:00 a.m. in the morning. Caller states one of the party goers was seen in a field near her house dressed as a clown.
- A call was received in the 7000 block of Shingleglen Trail in Shingletown to report male from earlier call that male in white tank top behaving like he is under the influence of drugs and is inside business.
- A call is received at 5:38 a.m. to report while looking at video surveillance from business at the 17200 block of Buzzard Roost Rd in Round Mountain. Caller can see 5-6 subjects loitering in the area of business. Caller can still see subjects.
- Received call at 1:23 p.m. to report animal cruelty for leaving two dogs in a locked car for the last hour in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A neighbor of a resident in the 10400 block of Swede Creek Rd in Palo Cedro called to report two subject just broke into the house. Cut locks to the gate. Left in a blue Honda Pilot.
- A resident called at 12:24 a.m. in the 14800 block of Lamoine Drive in Jones Valley to state daughters ex-boyfriend arrived at house and is currently in a fight with daughter in the driveway.
- A resident in the 21200 block of Sandpoint Rd in Palo Cedro called to report female neighbor has been yelling in the front yard for several minutes. Female yelled for caller to call 911.
- A renter in the 29500 block of Fenders Ferry Rd in Montgomery Creek called at 12:17 a.m to state her landlord in under the influence and shutting off the power to her house.