These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A call was received at 12:28 a.m. from a family reunion in the Bunya Lane and Hwy 44 area of Shingletown. Male was in vehicle when he woke up and started to fight with numerous subjects at the reunion. Jimmie McGrew was arrested for public intoxication.
- A call was received at 12:35 a.m. on behalf of her friend from the 7300 block of Squaw Springs Rd in Shingletown to state he was sprayed with bear spray after a fight with his girlfriend. Medical attention needed. Suspect has left on foot. Now declining medical.
- A resident in the 14000 block of Marin Drive in Jones Valley called to state neighbor is stealing caller’s yard sale signs.
- A property owner in the 7500 block of Long Hay Flat Rd in Shingletown called to report extensive vandalism done by tenant who was evicted the previous day.
- The owner of a business in the 30500 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore called to state unknown juvenile stole soda from the location. Juvenile is with a group home employee who requested owner to call law enforcement. Juveniles are refusing to leave and creating a fight.
- No name listed name or address called to report an incident that occurred a few weeks ago while 14 year old daughter was attending a church camp in the Jones Valley area, unknown address. States daughter informed caller today that she was raped while at camp.
- A call was received to report male continually harassing him when he stops at the 30500 block of Whitmore Rd in Whitmore to pick up mail.
- A resident in the 22400 block of Buckboard Trail in Palo Cedro called at 10:06 a.m. to report an hour and half ago male associated with a gold or tan dually truck drove down caller’s driveway, knocked on door, then tried the doorknob.
- A call was received from a school in the Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek to report damage to school.
- A resident in the 13500 block of Jeep Trail in Jones Valley called to report unknown male on property hiding behind trees on north side of property closest to Elk Trail, no vehicles seen in the area believes arrived on foot.
- A call was received by a dog owner that while a victim was at Butte Lake in Shingletown, a large black German Shepard bit him. Victim being exported to SRMC via ambulance. Both parties are staying in Lassen Park.
- A resident in the 21200 block of Sandpoint Rd in Palo Cedro called to report ongoing issues with neighbor screaming obscenities at caller.
- No reports
- A resident in the 21800 block of Stone Meadow Rd in Palo Cedro to report pool liner vandalized overnight.
- A call was received from a business in the 9400 block of Cedro Lane in Palo Cedro to report losing her wallet two to three weeks ago. Received call from RPD a couple days ago and wallet found without CDL, Social Security card. Caller state Wells Fargo Bank contacted her with fraud and provided caller with suspect who had been using her card number for charging and apply for different accounts.
- A resident in the 15900 block of Phillips Rd in Oak Run called to report house burglarized sometime in the last three days. Caller has security footage. A second caller made contact to report responsibles came back and caller and brother in law have them detained. Subjects admitting to being in the house.
- A resident in the 8900 block of Warner Way in Shingletown called to report suspect came to her house two hours prior and stole her checkbook.
- A call was received from the 33400 block of Northwood Way in Shingletown to report her boyfriend is causing a fight with her. They broke up the previous night. Both reside together, yelling, and telling caller that she needs to leave house immediately. Caller stating made threats to “make it bad” for her if she doesn’t leave. Subjects currently separated.
- A call was received to report while at the Iron Canyon Reservoir in the Hawkins Creek and Kosk Creek Roads his GPS was stolen.
- A resident in the 24200 block of Hwy 44 in Millville called to report he is the victim of identity theft.
- A resident in the 22100 block of Buena Vista Drive in Bella Vista called to report ongoing issue of male arriving in a blue Dodge truck at all hours of the night causing an argument with her and husband. Male left just now going north bound on Deschutes.
- A call from a business in the 20100 block of Charlanne Drive called to report the business gate was cut and vehicle was stolen. Business owner is in route to the location and will have the vehicle information.
- A resident in the 7000 block of Millville Plains Rd in Millville called at 7:05 a.m. to report a male in dark clothing just ran through caller’s yard. Suspect last seen going towards Chuck Wolfs Rock Quarry on Millville Plains.
- A call from a business in the 9100 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report a male with goatee, black hat and shirt took approximately $190 in scratcher tickets from front counter.
- A call was received to report her cell phone taken while at friend’s house in the 29400 block of Hwy 299 E in Round Mountain the previous night.
- A resident in the 21200 block of Sandpoint Rd in Palo Cedro called to report female neighbor who live s to the right of caller came over the house and was yelling at her to give her cats back. Female went back to her own house, but caller is concerned due to ongoing issue.
- A call was received to report gas line on vehicle cut and gas taken sometime last week while parked at the Jones Valley Campground as they were on a houseboat.
- A call from a business in the 12000 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to state a male with brown/red beard, blue shirt and hiking boots, has been at the business for three days camping and sleeping at the back door. Caller states they have asked him to leave and he is refusing. Male now on the corner of the business having an argument with himself and talking about his father.
- A call was received to report his neighbor in the 24500 block of Quail Terrace Lane in Millville has parked his vehicle on his property, his shirt is in the middle of the road, and dog is barking incessantly, and not one answering door. Caller said all is very unusual.
- A call back from a business in the 12000 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to state a transient male is in parking lot attempting to sell things to bypassers, scaring customers away. Caller states unknown type knife strapped to hip. Subject is verbally aggressive when told to leave.
- A call was received from the 7300 block of Black Butte Rd in Shingletown called to state fuel taken from U-Haul truck overnight. Video footage available.
- A call was received from the 11900 block of Atkins Rd in Whitmore in regard to neighbor digging trenches across the road.
- A call from a business in the in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a male with white cap, black shirt and shorts with a silver older four-door car in parking lot casing cars. Suspect appears to be communicating with another subject, casing strategically.
- A resident in the 11400 block of Ponderosa Way in Whitmore called to report unknown female and male associated with a white, mid 90’s Audi arrived on his property. Caller contacted subject and they stated they were lost and left. Caller went to his shed and noticed all his tools and chainsaws were in a wheelbarrow. Possible burglary.
- A call was received from 17200 block of Donn Lane in Round Mountain to get goats that suspect is starving, and female is now causing a fight. Suspect is caller’s father’s girlfriend and caller states she owns the animals and the property.
- A call was received to report a subject in a black Ford Power Stroke attempted to run a female off the roadway. The female’s nephew attempted to stop the vehicle and was injured in the process. No further information relayed from CHP.