These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding. Reports are deciphered to the best of our ability.
- A resident in the 17200 block of Buzzard Roost Rd in Round Mountain called to state he was on Facebook and saw his 2005 dirt bike that was stolen on May 25 for sale.
- A couple of by passers called at 7:02 a.m. to report male and female arguing, both hitting each other alongside of roadway in the Hwy 44 and Deschutes Road area of Palo Cedro. Male wearing red shirt, dark jacket associated with gold Oldsmobile.
- A call was received from a woman who is working at a house in the 14700 block of Bear Mountain Rd in Jones Valley. Caller came to the house that morning and found it had been burglarized.
- A call was received from a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a white Jeep SUV with SF emblem in rear window is parked in parking lot for most of the day. Blankets up on windows, only one subject has been seen with the car. Currently driver’s door open, but no one seen inside.
- A neighbor in the 21400 block of McCormick Lane in Bella Vista called to report hearing neighbor threatening another neighbor across the street he was going to kill them. Subject running after each other.
- A resident in the 22100 block of Old Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report detaining male who is trespassing onto property and assault victim and started fighting with caller.
- A call was received from the 16200 block of Silverthorne Rd at resort to report license plate taken over the weekend.
- A citizen called to report walking by a home in the 5100 block of Deschutes Rd and found two checks on the ground near the mailbox. Unknown if someone stole the mail from the box. Checks were about three feet from the mailbox. Caller left the items there.
- A call was received from the Jones Valley public ramp to report locked Ford F150 was burglarized sometime between Friday and present. Crow bar on the ground near truck. Vehicle was parked near restrooms in parking lot.
- A resident in the 8400 block of Lake McCumber Rd in Shingletown called to state there was a traffic collision in front of his house on Saturday night and now subjects keep coming onto his property and state they are looking for a cell phone that was lost in the traffic collision. Caller has asked them to now come onto this property several times and different subjects keep returning and stating the same thing.
- A resident in the 6600 block of Porkchop Lane in Palo Cedro called at 1:24 a.m. to report dog was barking and when he looked out, two subjects with flashlights were walking in front of house shining the light at his dog.
- A resident in the 9800 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called at 2:41 a.m. to state a subject was ringing doorbell to the caller’s house and could hear a man’s voice but when they got up and dressed nobody was outside.
- A daughter called from the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report her mother has a TRO against her, but her husband and children are not named in the TRO. Caller left as she was instructed but when her husband went to work, her mother changed the locks and is refusing to allow her husband to get clothes or belongs the kids need for school.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report three puppies and one dog have been left at the house and caller cannot take care them. States she is responsible for care of dogs have lived for three months other issues going on possible civil.
- A resident in the 21800 block of Big Bend Rd in Montgomery Creek called to report chainsaw was stolen sometime within the last week.
- A resident in the 30000 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek called to state an hour ago, a white truck pulled in driveway, unknown suspect walked behind the barn, and then left. Caller has video footage.
- A property owner called from the 23000 block of Elk Trail E in Jones Valley to report vandalism to vehicle window broken. Occurred last week, caller believed that renter of neighboring house that caller owns is responsible.
- A call was received to state firearm was stolen out of locked vehicle while parked in parking lot in the Jones Valley ramp over the weekend.
- A Redding man called to state a female punched him in the face from the back seat of vehicle while they were driving from Oasis Rd to Bella Vista.
- A call was received to report a vehicle is parked across from caller’s house in the Old Alturas Rd and Steven Creek Lane area. Truck has property in the bed of the vehicle. Caller believes may be stolen property. States vehicle is spray painted and caller didn’t see any tags on the plate. No one seen around vehicle.
- A resident in the 7800 block of Mallard Way in Millville called to report receiving a phone scam from a man with an East Indian accent, claiming he was from Publisher Clearing House. Caller was told to get a $500 gift card from Wal-Mart. When he refused and informed the police would be called suspect told him to “Go drink poison.”
- A resident in the 5100 block of Deschutes Rd called to state domestic violence last week between her and ex-husband. Male not allowed on property; when caller allowed him to drop off children, when leaving, he stole German Shepard that belongs to the caller and her kids.
- A resident in the 11800 block of Bella Vista Ct in Bella Vista called to state, a friend of caller’s son, did not complete a job he was doing and is now causing a fight wanting to be paid.
- A resident in the 21400 block of Old Alturas Rd in Bella Vista was advised to call whenever she see a suspicious vehicle; caller spots at 6:56 a.m. unknown white Toyota SUV 4 Runner parked facing eastbound on Old Alturas. Occupied by one male just sitting in vehicle.
- A resident in the 19700 block of Paso Robles Ave called to state she received a fraudulent call from female claiming to be with Verizon Wireless. Female state caller’s account was not paid and would be charged fees. Caller gave female her debit card number for approximately $70 charges. Caller already handled with bank and will be reimbursed.
- A call was received from the 30300 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek to state over the last three weeks several school buses have been hit for diesel fuel. Caller states last night, they moved the bus to their property and parked against the fence. Someone tried to steal gas from the bus again from the freeway side and ended up jamming the locking gas cap lock and breaking it.
- A female called to report that she left wallet (gold black Mudd wallet with rhinestones) on top of truck in the 21900 block of Hwy 299 E in Bella Vista earlier that day. Wallet was in caller’s sweatshirt.
- A call was received to state fraud. He bought a vacant lot of land in the area of Donkey Mine and Peyho Ranch Roads in Oak Run. Caller received a letter that the property was going to be foreclosed on. After some research, the caller was informed a male who sold him the property had forged a signature with a notary making him the owner of the property prior to selling it to the caller.
- A property owner in the 7300 block of Tahoe Lane in Shingletown called to state a renter took the air conditioner for the house when she moved out.
- A call was received from the 23200 block of Hwy 299 E. in Bella Vista to report a fight with roommate; after caller left for the day, roommate destroyed her phone, threw her belongings outside, has locker her out of the house.
- A call was received to request standby at the 22900 block of Winding Way in Millville. Caller has to do work on the property over the next week. Resident is uncooperative and has made mention of getting a firearm in the past.
- A business owner in the 11800 block of Hootenanny Lane in Bella Vista called to report ex-employee embezzled money from location.
- A call was received from Cal Fire at a trash pile on fire; a person reports that a subject with dark skin, black shirt seen walking away in the area.
- An owner of a building in the 11900 block of Deschutes Rd in Bella Vista called to report watching live video feed of subjects on their property. Caller states it is “Kim from across the street and her boyfriend.” Would not provide description because deputies will know who they are.
- A citizen called to report suspicious male loitering on the side of the road for the past three house in the Old Oregon Trail and Dir Kinder Road area talking to himself. Unknown to caller. Appears to be a transient. Male with tan skin in his 40’s, six-foot-tall, medium build with gray beanie with orange stripe. No shirt and gray pants.
- A property owner called at 4:01 a.m. to report he heard subjects on his property in the RL Smith Logging and Oak Run to Fern Roads in Oak Run. He went down to check, states subjects chased him. Now stating he heard his estranged wife who also lives on the property and her brother. Believes they were the ones that were chasing him.
- A call was received at 11:15 p.m. from the 9100 block of Deschutes Road to report male looking into vehicles in the parking lot. Male with curly brown hair and dirty long sleeve shirt.