These Sheriff Reports are daily condensed records kept by the county sheriff’s office of disturbances, police reports, and other reported criminal activity for the communities east of Redding.
- A call was received to report a fight occurring outside in the 14600 block of Ravine Rd in Jones Valley between a male and female. The call has heard the mention of subjects hitting each other and throwing items.
- A nineteen-year-old male called from the 21500 block of Squaw Grass Trail in Jones Valley to report he thinks suspects are inside his house. He got home three and a half hours earlier and has been hearing noises for the past 30 minutes. Currently locked in the bedroom hearing noises in parents’ bedroom where a window doesn’t lock.
- A call was received from a storage facility business in the 7300 block of Black Butte Rd in Shingletown to report seven company vehicles were burglarized overnight. Point of entry was smashed window.
- A call was received from a wife asking for a deputy to respond that she and her husband were in a fight last night and husband locked her out of her home. Husband has started to move her things out of their house in the Buggy and Whitmore Roads area of Whitmore.
- A resident in the 22000 block of Lassen View Drive in Palo Cedro called to report tools, hunting gear, welder taken from carport. Unknown time frame.
- A call was received to report a silver Nissan has hit a fence and rocks in the Oak Run to Fern Rd/Fern Road in Whitmore.
- A call relayed to CHP of two males in vehicle chasing a female in the area of Stillwater Rd and Old 44 Drive in Palo Cedro.
- A call was received from a business in the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro to report a purse was strong armed from customer.
- A call was received to report a fight occurring outside in the 14600 block of Ravine Rd in Jones Valley Employees assisted in recovering all the victim’s property. Victim has left the location. Suspect left on foot going south bound.
- A call was received stating he received a call from an employee at a walk-in clinic stating a patient is currently causing a fight at the business. Caller is in route. He did not have patient’s last name. States he will have staff call directly with further information.
- A call was received from the 21600 block of Harvest Lane in Palo Cedro to report the theft of mail.
- A call was received from the 22200 block of Robin Way in Palo Cedro to report his sister has forged their mother’s name on insurance documents. She has also forged checks and taken money out of their mother’s accounts.
- A resident in the 22800 block of Walts Lane in Palo Cedro called to report estranged brother knocking on the door, possibly under the influence. Caller concerned male will cause a fight if she opened the door. Caller believes subject to be under the influence of meth or possibly drinking. Brother has now broken into a travel trailer to the rear of the main house in the backyard.
- No reports
- A call was received to report she was assaulted by a female at a business in the 30300 block of Hwy 299 E in Montgomery Creek. Suspect left if a gold Dodge pickup. Last seen going north bound on Jackson.
- A resident in the 22300 block of Jones Valley Trail in Jones Valley to report a chipper shredder was taken from driveway sometime that morning. Approximately valued at $200-300.
- A resident in the 33200 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown to report items stolen from the house. No suspect information.
- A resident in the 22200 block of Basin Way in Jones Valley called to report her vehicle was egged for the last two days.
- A homeowner called to state a silver PT Cruiser is parked in front of her house. Caller’s driveway is on Peaceful Lane off Old 44 Drive. Caller contacted male, and he stated he was out of gas. Caller believes suspicious due to male continuing to flash his lights at random times. Believes may be more than a disabled motorist.
- CHP called to state dark color PT Cruiser on east bound side of roadway just east of Terry Mill Rd in Round Mountain. Suspicious male in green plaid walking east bound along roadway.
- A resident in 7000 block of Brush Oak Lane in Shingletown to report house and barn has been burglarized with a front-end loader stolen from barn.
- A resident in the 9300 block of Mountain Meadow Rd in Shingletown has ongoing issue with neighbors. Caller states in the last month while caller was away subject have cut down trees and used the logs to block quad paths on caller’s property.
- A resident in the 21900 block of Belmont Drive in Palo Cedro called to report unknown subjects have made fake checks with caller’s account information and spent over $350.
- A second-hand relay to CHP dispatch from on duty CHP officer of unknown subjects shooting on the other side of Cow Creek and bullets were flying by resident in the 8600 block of Camino Del Arroyo in Palo Cedro.
- A resident in the 12400 block of Dry Creek Rd in Bella Vista called to report subjects shooting a high-powered rifle. Multiple houses in the area and concerned it is not being shot in a safe area.
- A resident in the 11900 block of Buena Vista Ct in Bella Vista to state boyfriend broke the door to caller’s locked bedroom. States that they were shoving each other back and forth during a fight prior to him breaking the door. Both have been drinking.
- A resident in 10500 block of Leslye Lane in Palo Cedro called at 1:57 am to report hearing sound of a car engine just west of his house. Sounds like possibly stuck in a field or ramming something.
- A call was received to report a lost wallet with ID card and ATM card in it in the RL Smith Logging Rd and Oak Run.
- A call was received to report cluster mailbox burglarized that morning in the Boyle Rd and Porta Dego Way area of Palo Cedro.
- A resident in the 13600 block of Bear Mountain Rd called to report shot gun shots heard outside. Looked out male yelling he’s shooting a bear. Caller doesn’t know male and has gone back inside.
- A call was received to report unknown suspect cut chain across driveway and broke into a travel trailer that caller has stored on the property and taking numerous items in the Jennifer Drive and Janet Way in Jones Valley.
- A call was received to report a suspicious male with black backpack and dog, who asked caller where Redding was. Walking towards Logan Rd near Old 44 Drive and Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro.
- A call was received to report male with flashlight, standing on the side of the road in the Old 44 Drive and Stillwater Rd in Palo Cedro. Appears to be trying to flag passerby’s down. No vehicle seen in the area, and negative description on male due to being too dark.
- A resident in the 30000 block of Hwy 44 in Shingletown called to report hearing a loud verbal dispute between possibly a female and male. Possibly by the gate area.
- A call was received yesterday to report unknown suspect cut chain across driveway and broke into a travel trailer that caller has stored on the property on Jennifer Drive and Janet Way in Jones Valley. Caller called back to report 5th wheel trailer also taken during burglary.
- A call was received from a business in the 12000 block that a customer called him to report a vehicle and subjects were seen inside locked gate. Caller had previously report the theft of diesel but has not refilled tank since that las theft.
- A call was received from a construction employee working in the 11800 block Oak Run Rd in Millville to report a theft of items with an approximate value of $1400.
- A resident in the 14200 block of Bear Mountain Rd in Jones Valley called to state he just moved and that morning and his neighbor was yelling, threatening and brandished a saw a him. Suspect has left the park.
- A resident in the 20400 block of Dir Kinder Rd called to report his house was burglarized.
- A resident in the 21900 block of Regna Drive in Palo Cedro called to report unknown subjects parked a green Honda in their driveway. Subjects were confronted by off duty RPD, who ran them off leaving green Honda in driveway and jumping into a white Honda heading out to Deschutes. Caller believes they were going to burglarize their house and it appears that maybe the green vehicle is stolen.
- A business employee from the 9300 block of Deschutes Rd in Palo Cedro called to report a white Ford SUV parked in the alley behind the store, for approximately two hours occupied by one male. Caller concerned, no reason for the male to be back there.
- A resident in the 8900 block of Maynard Rd in Palo Cedro called to report the theft of fishing tackle from vehicle.